Saturday, July 23, 2022

Vote to constrain the Democratic Party’s lawlessness

 Phil Beaver seeks to collaborate on the-objective-truth, which can only be discovered. The comment box below invites readers to write.

"Civic" refers to citizens who collaborate for individual happiness with civic integrity more than for the city, state, nation, or society.

Consider writing a personal paraphrase of the preamble, which offers fellow citizens mutual appreciation:  For discussion, I convert the preamble’s predicate phrases to nouns and paraphrase it for my interpretation of its proposal as follows We the People of the United States proffer & practice 5 public disciplines —- integrity, justice, safety, strength, and prosperity, “in order to” encourage & facilitate responsible-human-independence “to ourselves and our Posterity”. I want to improve my interpretation by listening to other citizens and their interpretations yet would preserve the original, 1787, text, unless it is amended by the people.

It seems the Supreme Court occasionally refers to it, and no one has challenged whether or not the preamble is a legal statement. The fact that it changed this independent country from a confederation of states to a union of states deliberately managed by disciplined fellow citizens convinces me the preamble is legal. Equity in opportunity and outcome is shared by the people who collaborate for human justice.

Every citizen has equal opportunity to either trust-in and collaborate-on the goals stated in the preamble or be dissident to the agreement. I think 2/3 of citizens try somewhat to use the preamble but many do not articulate commitment to the goals. However, it seems less than 2/3 understand that “posterity” implies grandchildren. “Freedom of religion,” which fellow citizens have no means to discipline, oppresses freedom to develop integrity.

Selected theme from this week

Constraining the Democratic Party’s lawlessness

This week, the New York Congressperson labeled “AOC” displayed potential to think of her personal safety& security, neglected by Congressional police. There’s hope her egocentric thinking will spill over to civic-citizens among We the People of the United States.

Civic-citizens practice, facilitate, and encourage responsible-human-independence (RHI) “to ourselves and our Posterity”, quoting the preamble to the U.S. Constitution. Dependent fellow citizens, such as the religious, the indolent, the criminal, and the tyrant may reform until they terminate their opportunity.

The potential for reform holds sway to a 2024 Trump/AOC ticket. Turns out it’s no stranger than Trump/Pence.

News

Going rogue: youtube.com/watch?v=tnE91cB43UQ

For the first time, I imagine AOC thinking in self-interest rather than power-playing. She could pivot and join Trump to increase American integrity, justice, safety& security, strength, prosperity, and responsibility.

Quora

quora.com/Is-the-golden-rule-still-relevant? by Victoria Slater

It is, provided we recall that a closed door offers improvement: leaving the Golden Rule, we may pursue something better. For example, we can constrain chaos in private, in order to practice, facilitate& encourage civic-integrity in public.

The various versions of the Golden rule are all egocentric. That is, the rule pays no attention to the happiness the other party prefers.

Happily, we have 5,500 year old political philosophy with this message: female& male-human-being is independently responsible for safety& security to the living species and to the earth.

In other words, since neither the-High-God, whatever that is, nor government, can provide safety& security on earth, civic-fellow-citizens can& may develop statutory-justice. Thereby, civic-tyrants, such as the religious, the indolent, the criminal, and the despot may be constrained.

It’s time to set the Golden Rule aside, in order to develop responsible-human-independence to ourselves and our posterity.

quora.com/Is-it-ethically-morally-necessary-to-be-tolerant-to-people-who-are-not-tolerant-of-other-ways-of-life-Why-or-why-not/? by unknown

Human-beings are responsible for each safety& security on earth and its impact on the universe.

Responsible humans neither initiate nor accommodate harm to or from any person, association, or institution.

I learned to be intolerant of tolerance. I pursue the-ineluctable-truth and meanwhile earn opinion based on the-objective-truth. I listen to other people in my pursuit of ineluctable evidence. Ineluctable means “not to be avoided, changed, or resisted”.

The moment I perceive another human-being holds the opinion that their opinion is higher than my opinion, I gave them no chance to continue self-promoting. I change the topic to something trivial, like preference for chocolate: white, milk, or dark. Or threatening weather forecast, or latest sports topic, or a media annoyance. Thereby, I indirectly caution that they’re making their opinion uninteresting. I always linger to see if they return to the original topic, and it never happens. Perhaps they are passionate about their higher-ground self-image.

If the topic seems vital to constrain harm, I make a point. For example, I met a pastor who claims 20 years of ecumenical work. I sincerely said, “I am delighted to meet you and would like to talk to you about including in your association the class of people who don’t know that there is a God.” I objected to his hearty laughter. He explained, “You speak in words I am not accustomed to.” I said, “Now that we’re passed that, shall we talk?” He responded, “There are some basics.” I asked, “Does God condone your basics”.

I don’t think I will hear from the pastor, but hope I am wrong. I perceive he is too weak to consider another viewpoint, but that does not make him my enemy. I hope meeting me inspires him to reform or to suggest reform I should consider. No human can convince me that I know how to choose God.

As a responsible human-being, I want to practice, facilitate, and encourage safety& security to all living species and to the earth.

Facebook

facebook.com/phil.beaver.52/ July 22, 2022

“According

facebook.com/gary.heidebrecht July 19, 2022

Gary and all who contributed, my mind raced to quality in the first form: in person.

Ranking from the top, there's transparency, precision, accuracy, depth, alacrity, appreciation, motivation, inspiration, and accomplishment.

If there's no transparency, the conversation is unlikely to accomplish more than mutual entertainment. Life's wonderful when people talk with smiles& laughter.

With mutual transparency, the next 4 qualities are variously constrained by the cognitive abilities of the two parties. For example, I frustrate Cynthia if I don't appreciate her concern for safety& security. When skills are high, conversation can go deep very fast.

The next three qualities may be constrained by the perception of happiness each party pursues. For example, when we entertained, I worked to make each guest happy; Cynthia prepared, then let guests be happy. (Our children took her meme.)

When each party works to compliment the other party's appreciation, motivation& inspiration, without losing their own, their accomplishments can be amazing.

Thank you, Gary, for making us think this morning.

facebook.com/chris.nalepa.7 July 17, 2022

One person who has helped us for over 30 years coldly stopped doing so on learning I had voted for Trump 4 times.

That's right! I'm one of the 14 million civic-citizens who made it possible for 61 million to elect him president. I'm on deck for the 5th vote, provided he does not choose a running mate who touts public pride in their religion. We can't stand another betrayal because the person claims to "witness for Christ". No one can speak for Jesus, and it seems Jesus recommended supporting the commander-in-chief for U.S. safety& security, as specified in the U.S. Constitution to the Vice President and on down.

To the people who disdain my vote, transparently or not, I ask. Do you like what you got? Do you like Biden-administration harm& injury? I don't like any part of it.

Phil Beaver does not “know.” He trusts in and is committed to the-objective-truth which can only be discovered. Conventional wisdom has truth founded on reason, but it obviously does not work.

Phil is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit corporation. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com, and consider essays from the latest and going back as far as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment