Saturday, March 9, 2019

Responsible liberty


Phil Beaver seeks to collaborate on the-objective-truth, which can only be discovered. The comment box below invites readers to write.

"Civic" refers to citizens who collaborate for individual happiness with civic integrity more than for the city, state, nation, or society.

Consider writing a personal paraphrase of the preamble, which offers fellow citizens mutual equality:  For discussion, I convert the preamble’s predicate phrases to nouns and paraphrase it for my proposal as follows: “We the civic people of the united states in order to develop individual discipline, civic integrity, justice, defense, and prosperity so as to perpetually preserve liberty, maintain statutory law for the USA.”

I want to collaborate with the other citizens on this paraphrase and theirs. I would preserve the original, 1787, text, unless it is amended by the people.

It seems no one has challenged whether or not the preamble is a legal statement. The fact that it changed this independent country from a confederation of states to a union of states deliberately managed by disciplined fellow citizens convinces me the preamble is legal. Equity in opportunity and outcome is shared by the people who collaborate for human justice.

Every citizen has equal opportunity to either trust-in and collaborate-on the goals stated in the preamble or be dissident to the agreement. I think 2/3 of citizens try somewhat to use the preamble but many do not articulate commitment to the goals. However, it seems less than 2/3 understand that “posterity” implies grandchildren. “Freedom of religion,” which fellow citizens have no means to discipline, oppresses freedom to develop integrity.



Selected theme from this week

Discussion started by Mike Rappaport, “The Relevance of the Preamble to Constitutional Interpretation” at https://www.lawliberty.org/2019/03/01/the-relevance-of-the-preamble-to-constitutional-interpretation/ informed me and motivated me to interpret the U.S. preamble in one sentence:  Disciplined people of the united states encourage human liberty. The sentence needs to be unpacked, and it defines “a civic people” as well as any sentence I have written before. “Human liberty” refers to a perfection each person may choose to collaborate for, knowing it cannot be achieved yet is worthy for a lifetime. The intention of the civic, civil, and legal power of the U.S. preamble is responsible liberty.

It also updated my paraphrase for the U.S. preamble.



Quora

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-motivate-myself-to-study-11

First, you may accept that you are a human being and therefore a member of that species that possesses the responsibility for liberty.

Consequently you possess the individual power, the individual energy, and the individual authority (IPEA) to develop either integrity or infidelity to the-objective-truth. Infidelity begs woe, so you choose integrity. The task, then, is to discover the-objective-truth.

The-objective-truth exists and humankind collaborates to discover it and comprehend how to benefit from the discovery. The combination of discoveries comprise understanding. The person who uses his or her IPEA to develop integrity acts only with understanding. For example, if her or she carries a gun for self-protection, he or she will never aim the gun at a person without the understanding that he or she will suffer injury or death without the gun defense, and upon deciding the gun threat is necessary, he or she cannot fail to fire if necessary. In other words, if an armed intruder is discovered in the home, the gun must be aimed at the intruder and some order delivered, such as “Drop your gun in 2 seconds or I will shoot you in the arm; 0, 1, fire.” The intruder may drop whatever he or she is holding and explain if it was not a gun or other arm, and no one has been injured on false impression.

It is unfortunate that most people perceive the sun’ll come up tomorrow. The curiosity to understand the cosmos is exited once a person realizes that the earth’s rotation on its axis hides the sun each evening and un-hides it each morning.

The cognizant human lifespan is so short, perhaps 80 years, the individual has no time for recycling chances to acquire knowledge, which is the starting point for discovery. By that, I mean that today’s knowledge may be absent a discovery that would change it. The above mentioned daily sun un-hiding is an example. Further, humankind’s ignorance of the-objective-truth is still so immense that one person can neither learn all the prior discoveries nor stay up to day with the new ones.

One other severe challenge is that many teachers and professors have no desire to transfer knowledge; rather they work to indoctrinate you so as to advance their idea of how to establish power and to build support for that power. Observe today’s resistance to freedom of speech on college campuses being conducted by Alinsky-Marxist organizations (AMO) whose favorite tactics are disruption and ridicule. The student has the unfortunate role of convincing the professor that the message took so as to get good grades and yet acquire the knowledge truly needed to aid individual development of integrity.

I’d like to say these challenges are fun, but they are not at all fun. Yet, if you develop techniques for dealing with liars who have control of your needs such as good grades while you employ self-reliance to develop integrity, you will soon discover that you are in the happiness of your life and it can only get better as your understanding expands into the fields of interest that are preferable to you.

Responsibility for chemical engineering design for safe efficiency once was once my preference, but after 35 years’ service, I switched to a life-long passion: individual, responsible liberty.

I hope your student life will be inspired by your improvements on these ideas.




When I encounter a woman, I think of her as a crowd; during her fertile years she will produce perhaps 400 viable ova. I want nothing but the best for her and the ova she will produce. There is no way I would act to threaten them or think intimacy.

Every time my wife and I kiss I psychologically go wild and all I can think of is my hope to please her. If for some reason she is negative, I cannot function beyond a kiss.

I got this way by five decades of monogamy and marriage. I do not know of alternatives.




I don’t think stereotypes are ever accurate and don’t think they should be used in public discussion.

In personal conversation where there is mutual appreciation, stereotypes can be used to explore how a person views self. For example, I voted for Donald Trump and Mike Pence twice and am on deck to vote for them two more times. I would consider it a privilege to answer questions as to my political leanings, and think stereotyping is about the only way to communicate.

Like any human being who tries to be an authentic citizen, what I am politically is not easy to describe, but my first though is that I am a fiscal-conservative liberal. I collaborate for individual happiness with civic integrity and think it takes a book to persuade a fellow citizen to join the pursuit.

I think public stereotyping is harmful but private stereotyping can start a concise conversation.


I think the damage occurred on March 4, 1788 with the seating of the first Congress (representing eleven eastern seaboard states). That Congress opposed the preamble to the Constitution for the USA (the U.S. preamble).

Like adolescent parents, who have no more than the experiences the two gained from sources including four family traditions, the 1789-1793 Congress ignored the psychological independence that is offered by the U.S. preamble and re-instituted colonial-English traditions: Blackstone common law and factional American-Protestantism to mimic the Canterbury-Parliament partnership that is constitutional in England.

The U.S. preamble leaves it to fellow citizens to discover standards for civic integrity. In these 231 years since nine states established the USA on June 21, 1788, it has become evident that human liberty is grounded in the-objective-truth. The-objective-truth is the standard by which truth is judged.

Civic fellow citizens (those who trust-in and commit to the agreement for individual happiness with civic integrity that is offered in the U.S. preamble) may adopt the-objective-truth rather than dominant opinion as the standard for discovering statutory justice.

For example, according to the-objective-truth liberty to ourselves cannot be funded on debt to our grandchildren and beyond. Recall “Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity,” the ultimate goal of the U.S. preamble.

Most fellow citizens adopting the agreement that is offered in the U.S. preamble and using the-objective-truth to discover statutory justice offers an achievable better future. Dissidents to statutory justice are fellow citizens who may reform before suffering statutory law and its enforcement, imperfect as it may be. Dissidents in elected office may be voted out.




With an open-minded view of history, consider: The proposition and promise of the USA rests with the preamble to the U.S. Constitution, which I dub “the U.S. preamble.”

It is an agreement that every U.S. citizen may both consider or not and accept or not. The fact that the agreement can be rejected without being a criminal is the actually real American exceptionalism. The articles that follow the U.S. preamble either support the agreement’s intentions or may be amended so that the pursuit of an achievable better future may resume.

The laws and institutions that conform to the U.S. preamble’s stated purpose either coerce or force five provisions: Union, Justice, Tranquility, defense, and Welfare. They support the existing human opportunity to practice liberty. (Read the U.S. preamble’s statement of purpose without prejudice toward past scholarship and recognizing that the authors are not of “ourselves and our Posterity.” In other words, the authors, having died, cannot collaborate for statutory justice for 2019.)

Some people (perhaps erroneously unless the evaluation is constrained to political parties rather than fellow citizens) think America is more divided than ever, but almost no one grasps the lack of appreciation for the U.S. preamble’s proposition that existed on June 21, 1788, when 9 of 13 eastern seaboard states established the USA.

Only 2 of 4 dissident states joined the USA before operations began on March 4, 1789. The eleven-state Congress began obfuscating the U.S. preamble’s civic, civil, and legal power by re-establishing traditional Blackstone common law with church-state partnership under factional American Protestantism to mimic England’s constitutional partnership with Canterbury. Then, 80% of inhabitants were factional Protestants and the rest were slaves. Under English tradition, believers think their opportunity to practice liberty can be powered, energized, and authorized by an entity other than their person. Government and gods may coerce or force Union, Justice, Tranquility, defense, and Welfare, the five essentials for individual freedom. But only the individual can practice responsible liberty. Every human has the individual power, the individual energy, and the individual authority (IPEA) to develop responsible liberty, given the five essential freedoms.

Thus, what America needs most is psychological independence from English tradition so as to develop the U.S. preamble’s proposition: (responsible) individual happiness with civic integrity.

Fellow citizens who want responsible liberty can vote out of office politicians who do not understand and promote the U.S. preamble.




Age 0-10 I was a member of a typically factional Southern-Baptist family, student at Staub Elementary in Knoxville, TN, choice N-1 in all sandlot sports teams, and selective reader opening my mind to precious doubt.

From age 11 to 20, I discovered that nourishing sex would threaten my liberty and therefore was reserved. Perhaps my open-mindedness and attention to chemical engineering drove sectarian-Protestant women away.

From age 21 to 30, I discovered that being single could free me to pursue the knowledge I’d like to have, but alas, I met a serene, confident Louisiana French-Catholic woman who deemed me worthy of her appreciation for life. Approaching the end of the decade in an overseas assignment an opportunity to discover whether or not I had established personal integrity came, and I think I passed. Forced out of the work, in the final moment, a patriot who had grown to trust me came and got me in time to stop a management disaster. Preventing the miss-management cost me my fabulous job but not MWWW, my wonderful witty wife.

From age 31 to 40, I discovered I did not support Protestant disparagement of MWWW and our three children’s Christianity. Therefore, I began to speak on their behalf at my Baptist church yet educated my family to some Protestant views. Christian friends with whom I shared my experiences began to question, but I cannot say what they questioned.

From age 41 to 50, I was advocating to my family enrichment committee that our church teach classical literature with the Holy Bible included. They did not dismiss me. Fortunately for me, I had not contemplated John 15:18-25, an imposition of hate that I totally reject.

From age 51 to 60, I discovered that MWWW hopes in a mystery she accepts and that I would not change her beliefs for anything in this world or another. I got down on my knees and begged her forgiveness for 25 years of dialogue in which I sometimes did not listen with appreciation. Separately, I accepted that I was trying to force my opinions into the religions Mom and Dad hoped for me (in other words that involves three conflicts: her convictions, his opinions, and my doubts). I withdrew from the church, not realizing I had dropped out of Christianity. I thought my interest changed to American morality, but now think I was pursuing the articulation of integrity. I had been accused of heresy and felt ostracized but now realize I had changed my associations.

From age 61 to 70, fellow citizens became my interest, and despite rewarding public dialogue I felt I had dropped out of society. However, I now perceive I had entered an inclusive faction of humanity that some societies cannot imagine. Thus, John’s exclusion of non-believers in John 15:18-25.

From age 71 to my present mid-75, I have conducted meetings a public libraries and over seventy people have collaborated on my work to find words to express the human opportunity for liberty that every individual yearns for but no major society advocates. I think that is because the society that advocates individual happiness with civic integrity is humankind itself. As a member of humankind, I appreciate fellow citizens and want to aid the dissidents to discipline for reform.

I work to motivate people to collaborate for human liberty empowered by civic integrity.

Law professors

https://www.lawliberty.org/2019/03/01/the-relevance-of-the-preamble-to-constitutional-interpretation  continuation from last week

To Binotto March 1, 2019 7:05 AM: Civic fellow citizens appreciate "the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity" as the extant opportunity by which each human being may (responsibly) pursue individual happiness with civic morality without renting the opportunities of their children, grandchildren and beyond. It matters not if the individual considers liberty to be granted by God or inherent to the psychological powers of the human being. The principle remains true from generation to future generation.

The scholars and officials who repress human liberty or its representation can be and should be removed from their public offices.

The sooner We the People of the United States exercise the civic, civil, and legal power of the U.S. preamble the better. It is a matter of reform rather than revolution, but some inhabitants have not the propriety to think as fellow citizens, let alone civic fellow citizens.





Phil Beaver does not “know.” He trusts in and is committed to the-objective-truth which can only be discovered. Conventional wisdom has truth founded on reason, but it obviously does not work.

Phil is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit corporation. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com, and consider essays from the latest and going back as far as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment