Sunday, October 27, 2019

The Apostle John’s hate dilemma: election




Phil Beaver seeks to collaborate on the-objective-truth, which can only be discovered. The comment box below invites readers to write.

"Civic" refers to citizens who collaborate for individual happiness with civic integrity more than for the city, state, nation, or society.



Consider writing a personal paraphrase of the preamble, which offers fellow citizens mutual equality:  For discussion, I convert the preamble’s predicate phrases to nouns and paraphrase it for my proposal as follows: “Willing citizens collaborate, communicate, and connect to provide 5 public institutions—integrity, justice, peace, strength, and prosperity—so as to encourage responsible human liberty to living people.” I want to collaborate with the other citizens on this paraphrase and theirs yet would preserve the original, 1787, text, unless it is amended by the people.

It seems no one has challenged whether or not the preamble is a legal statement. The fact that it changed this independent country from a confederation of states to a union of states deliberately managed by disciplined fellow citizens convinces me the preamble is legal. Equity in opportunity and outcome is shared by the people who collaborate for human justice.

Every citizen has equal opportunity to either trust-in and collaborate-on the goals stated in the preamble or be dissident to the agreement. I think 2/3 of citizens try somewhat to use the preamble but many do not articulate commitment to the goals. However, it seems less than 2/3 understand that “posterity” implies grandchildren. “Freedom of religion,” which fellow citizens have no means to discipline, oppresses freedom to develop integrity.



Selected theme from this week

In my mid-seventies, I regard my appreciation for people as they are and where they are in their struggle for integrity to the-literal-truth as more important than other human’s claims to the mystery of whatever-God-is.


At long last, I articulated the Apostle John’s claims to human election by God and the non-Christians' hate toward God---a conundrum for people who trust-in other worlds by thumping the Holy Bible. I review John 6 and John 15, below.


I discussed John's erroneous claims with my niece and nephew, and my niece pointed out that according to Genesis humans have God’s image and apparently the Apostle John accepted that premise only for the elect.


I trust-in and am committed-to the-literal-truth and know I do not know what I do not know. I no longer consider John’s mysterious constructs yet listen to living people’s concerns so that I may communicate, collaborate, and connect for human integrity.


Columns

Liberal democrats promoting chaos (Christopher Simon) (http://cdn4.creativecirclemedia.com/madisonville/files/a2bbc55671.pdf page 8)

Simon illustrates Bible-thumpers’ erroneous identity politics.

A king who wanted a wife so badly he sent her husband into deadly battle writes to himself in Psalm 103;2-5, “Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who . . . crowns you with love and compassion,  who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”

The “benefits” amount to human advantages by coercion and force. Identifying with David, Simon writes about “blessings” such as 1) the earth rotating on its axis to un-hide the sun each morning to those who comprehend and 2) the smell of flowers to those who have that sensory faculty.

Each human being has the individual power, the individual energy, and the individual authority (HIPEA) to develop integrity rather than wander into infidelity. Fellow citizens may 1) behave and 2) encourage each other to develop integrity for the benefits. It helps when fellow citizens approve-of and encourage responsible human liberty: to bless (approve and encourage) integrity.

The approval-of and encouragement-in responsible human liberty is for everyone, regardless of their personal preferences. It is not confined to Bible-thumpers.

Liberal democrats promoting chaos (The Advocate) (https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/our_views/article_58f2e250-e4a2-11e9-b9fe-fb562d6cea00.html)

A democratic liberal: “In almost every way, I found that . . .  was a decent, charismatic, and likable man with whom I disagreed on almost everything politically. In other words, he was like many of my friends and neighbors.”

Liberal democrats can identify themselves by their self-contradictions.

Humans have the opportunity to discover and aid equity under statutory justice, a perfection yet a worthy goal. Liberal democrats demand diversity and want it now, even though the obvious outcome would be chaos. Liberal democrats are offered an attainable better future.

Conservatives have throughout history bemused themselves with reason in competition with the-literal truth in the proprietary language “reason v nature.” Reason misled them to the mystery of whatever-God-is according to their scholarship, even though the obvious outcome is chaos. Conservatives are offered an attainable better future.

A proposal that has neither democratic nor conservative standards is offered in the U.S. Preamble, the preamble to the U.S. Constitution. Each citizen may interpret the U.S. Preamble and order his or her political life for personal benefit according to personal standards. I choose the-literal-truth’s perfection approached through the-objective-truth or discovered, ineluctable evidence.

My interpretation of the U.S. Preamble’s proposition this morning is:  Citizens in the entity We the People of the United States communicate, collaborate, and connect to aid 5 public institutions---Union, Justice, Tranquility, defence, and Welfare---in order to encourage responsible human liberty to living people. To avoid a contradiction this proposition cannot specify the standards by which the five institutions and ultimate human liberty are constrained.

However, the-literal-truth seems a constraint that every human may consider for acceptance, and ineluctable evidence seems a favorable tool for pursuing the-objective-truth. In scholarly language, a better future is achievable through the possible era of the-objective-truth rather than the age of reason versus nature.

I encourage The Advocate to publish its interpretation of the proposition that is offered in the preamble to the U.S. Constitution. Let The Advocate be civic toward the U.S. Preamble's literal proposition.

I hope Eddie Rispone will improve Louisiana roads (The Advocate) (https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/our_views/article_faa1dc78-eab0-11e9-abb2-cf1e12504cd2.html)

A couple years ago Steve Carter was advocating a reasonable gasoline-tax increase to improve driving for Louisiana residents. He recently gave up: https://www.wafb.com/2019/05/21/gas-tax-hike-dead-state-legislature/. Much as I assail special-interest taxation, I supported and support Carter’s work.

Special interests groups won John Bel Edwards’ support, so the people of Louisiana took a back seat on roads. See http://gov.louisiana.gov/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&alias=100-days-promises-made-and-kept.

I hope Eddie Rispone is elected governor will get the job done. I will vote for him again to give him the chance.

(Lanny Keller, from last week) (https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/lanny_keller/article_fd3e15ce-f036-11e9-9882-d39f8fa7ac88.html)

To Bruce McIntosh: That's right. Keller shamefully expresses social democracy in opposition to the-objective-truth. That is, the ineluctable evidence on which humankind pursues the-literal-truth. That's a far cry from the business plan some writers for the press adhere to.

To add to the shame, writers for the press have equal opportunity to develop individual understanding of the civic, civil, and legal proposition that is offered in the preamble to the U.S. Constitution. Too many of them choose to look to whatever-God-is or government to substitute for their individual responsibility to aid or join We the People of the United States rather than be a dissident to “Union . . . Justice . . . Tranquility . . . defence . . . and Welfare” in order to encourage responsible human liberty.

Law professors

https://www.lawliberty.org/book-review/preaching-the-american-gospel-hollinger-protestants-abroad-review from last week

To Pauline Warren:

Forgive me for having the hubris to think I am the object of “Sad that this commenter does not see  . . .”

Phil Beaver accepts that he has a mind, body, and person and that some people assert that his essence is a “soul”. However, I also accept that each human has the individual power, the individual energy, and the individual authority (HIPEA) to develop either integrity-to the-literal-truth or infidelity.

I communicated, collaborated, and connected with Bible believers for 5 decades before accepting my HIPEA.

I do not know the-literal-truth. I think understanding the-objective-truth (or the ineluctable evidence established by human discovery) offers the path to asymptotically approach the-literal-truth. The mystery of whatever-God-is cannot again distract me again from the-literal-truth.

I do not know the resolution of Apostle John’s conflicts, but here are a couple concerns: accepting HIPEA when confronted by apparent contradictions within contradictions about other world mysteries. Specifically, John 6 witnesses to Jesus’s reliability (my appreciation) but John 15 invokes hate (my objection).

John 6:35-40, NIV. “Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 15:18-25, NIV. “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[b] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

I consider my HIPEA on par with John’s HIPEA but with the advantage of 2000 more years of discovery by humankind (perhaps an 0.1% advantage in time but 10% more discovery). It seems to me John misrepresents Jesus, who coerces no one.

In 6, John asserts that I am either elect or not, and either way Jesus is reliable. I consider this circular logic and therefore suspect, but accept that I am neither antinomian nor elect. That is: because I choose not to be influenced by circular arguments, I am not elect. But according to John’s argument, my choice has no standing regarding my election! Phil Beaver is not involved in Jesus’ reliability regarding God’s gifts.

In 15, John asserts that I hate God, based on John’s explanation of the mystery of whatever-God-is. No matter how a Christian interprets John 15, John asserts that the Jews who do not accept Jesus as God hate God. Likewise, Phil Beaver, who in his mid-seventies articulates that he no longer attempts to trust-in and commit to anything but the-literal-truth as approached through the-objective-truth hates God! I have no regard for John’s instruction.

For all I know, when my body, mind, and person stop functioning, I’ll be surprised by a “soul” that approaches another world . . . to be judged. For all I know, the judgment will come from Jesus. I am committed, but my response is my resolution to the mystery of whatever-God-is, based on my HIPEA, not John’s at all. I will not share my response, because each human being has the HIPEA to decide.


Phil Beaver does not “know.” He trusts in and is committed to the-objective-truth which can only be discovered. Conventional wisdom has truth founded on reason, but it obviously does not work.

Phil is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit corporation. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com, and consider essays from the latest and going back as far as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment