Saturday, August 20, 2022

Alien-elites, domestic& foreign, want U.S. civic-citizens to stonewall each other

 Phil Beaver seeks to collaborate on the-objective-truth, which can only be discovered. The comment box below invites readers to write.

"Civic" refers to citizens who collaborate for individual happiness with civic integrity more than for the city, state, nation, or society.

Consider writing a personal paraphrase of the preamble, which offers fellow citizens mutual appreciation:  For discussion, I convert the preamble’s predicate phrases to nouns and paraphrase it for my interpretation of its proposal as follows We the People of the United States proffer & practice 5 public disciplines —- integrity, justice, safety, strength, and prosperity, “in order to” encourage & facilitate responsible-human-independence “to ourselves and our Posterity”. I want to improve my interpretation by listening to other citizens and their interpretations yet would preserve the original, 1787, text, unless it is amended by the people.

It seems the Supreme Court occasionally refers to it, and no one has challenged whether or not the preamble is a legal statement. The fact that it changed this independent country from a confederation of states to a union of states deliberately managed by disciplined fellow citizens convinces me the preamble is legal. Equity in opportunity and outcome is shared by the people who collaborate for human justice.

Every citizen has equal opportunity to either trust-in and collaborate-on the goals stated in the preamble or be dissident to the agreement. I think 2/3 of citizens try somewhat to use the preamble but many do not articulate commitment to the goals. However, it seems less than 2/3 understand that “posterity” implies grandchildren. “Freedom of religion,” which fellow citizens have no means to discipline, oppresses freedom to develop integrity.

Selected theme from this week

Alien-elites, domestic& foreign, want U.S. civic-citizens to stonewall each other

My 80th year is underway, and it seems plain to me that the adage, don’t talk religion or politics, is anathema to happiness. Religion prevents personal safety and politics picks people’s pockets.

Elites who are alien to comprehensive-safety& security do all they can to keep civic-citizens from collaborating to practice, facilitate, and encourage responsible-human-independence (RHI) “to ourselves and our Posterity”, quoting the preamble to the U.S. Constitution.

My late-life discovery is made possible by 5 weekly discussions with different groups. We break the conversation rules and attract bystanders who overhear the goodwill and RHI.

I do not intend to accommodate clergy and politicians who want civic-citizens to censor each other from two vital topics: religion and politics. I hope many people like this message.

The first action we can& must take is to amend the First Amendment to:  “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or [promoting] the free exercise thereof”. Until this is done, divergent-chaos will march on.

Quora

Facebook

facebook.com/melanieyanyan.zamora/posts/837710550528924?

We live in the best of times.

I share my research& thoughts because parents are needed to provide for wondrous children. Children are born to manage a time we cannot imagine. That is the story in every generation.

The Internet helps me research the reality of the past. For example, I just downloaded a book from Mencius, died 289 BC. I read about him in The Epoch Times, a weakly newspaper.

Mencius rather than John Locke, died 1704, is the first political philosopher who suggested responsible-human-independence (RHI). Anglo-American scholars bemuse, me with "classical liberalism". Also, Locke-scholars conflate fiscal conservatism with Christian tradition: God's rights rather than human responsibilities.

Genesis 1:28, Sumerian political philosophy, reported by Hebrew scholars, suggests that humankind is solely responsible for comprehensive-safety& security on earth.

We are living the transition from dependency-on-what-we-are-told to appreciation of political-awareness: awareness to develop comprehensive-safety& security to people in the U.S. if not on earth.

In other words, it is good to talk about politics and religion rather than stonewall loved ones and neighbors. The 1787 U.S. Constitution hinges on an informed public.

The elites -- the alien citizens with political power -- want civic-citizens, We the People of the United States, to stonewall each other. They'll pick our pockets as we wait an eternity for "my-God, a powerful God" to save us. My God -- Phil Beaver's God -- gives me comfort but cannot contradict the Genesis 1:28 responsibility He assigned me. For all I know, my God is the metaphysical Jesus. And maybe it's the laws of physics. And maybe it's God. I don't know.

Thank you, Melanie, for touching my heart as well as my mind.

 

facebook.com/phil.beaver.52/ August 14, 2022

Believers can& may accept, rather than doubt, 3 mysteries: God’s love, Jesus’ peace, and soul salvation, in order to free their person to practice, facilitate, and encourage responsible-human-independence (RHI). Jesus’ metaphysical claim, “before Abraham was born I am”, advocates Genesis 1:28’s abstract message: no entity can or will usurp humankind’s opportunity to pursue comprehensive safety& security on earth. Citizens who want RHI may constrain fellow-citizens who prefer dependency.

This is to expand the underlying story to my August 12, abstract post. Below, I share ties from my family& friends to the Genesis 1:28, RHI message and to my claim that it is essential for fellow-citizens to transparently, happily discuss religion and politics. For the detailed point I felt asked to share, skip 4 sections and go to the last 4 paragraphs.

First, for decades, I have known that I am one of the most serious religious students in these parts. In 1994, I officially resigned from the Baptist brotherhood (you tell me how that’s done) over being accused of heresy by at least 3 amateur human-beings.

I soon realized I had resigned from Christianity. I had resigned to study with my Catholic-family-aid and discover Phil Beaver. Also, my articulations appealed to both reliable Cleve Wright (younger, Christian, new friend) and war-veteran Hugh Finklea (a decade older than me, avowed atheist, and long-time friend). When I arrived at a hotel with reservations made by Cleve, the hotel valet said, “Welcome, Rev-Dr. Beaver.” Hugh, is a wordsmith and dapper dresser. He knows atheism is a leap of faith I cannot take.

Second, last October 17 -- 2021, I had been writing about the-ineluctable-truth for a couple years. “Ineluctable” means “not to be avoided, changed, or resisted”. It modifies “truth” to precision, accuracy, and depth: clergypersons, politicians, judges, media-writers, and some journalists fear “ineluctable”. Academicians hid it since 1550 and used it for “the ineluctable truth” since 1906. Pride in “truth” deludes writers to escape the-ineluctable-truth.

Also, I had discovered my interpretation of Genesis 1:28: female& male human-being is solely responsible for comprehensive-safety& security on earth. The Sumerians who practiced the political philosophy expressed in Genesis 1:28 suggest to me responsible-human-independence (RHI). The 1787 U.S. Constitution proffers an improvement, in that its code of law does not incapacitate offenders in “eye for eye” legislation.

Concerned about current, wide-spread public resistance to Christianity, I returned to UBC to share with friends my message, “There’s more to gain from Jesus’ metaphysical civic-integrity than from his body& blood.” The senior pastor sent me to a Sunday school class, and 6 months later, I remain their vagabond, in order to attend another class. I am learning rapidly from the 2 classes, the sermons, and friendships as well as from family& friends.

People who care, know that I am neither Baptist nor Christian and am an advocate for the practical Jesus, metaphysical as that may be. I can demonstrate that Bible-common-sense suggests (cannot prove) Jesus is the author of Genesis 1:28. That might suggest that Jesus is the-High-God. I prefer to-speculate that the-laws-of-physics constrains the consequence of each human choice& action and to-think that the-High-God requires Phil Beaver to express himself. Since I don’t know the-ineluctable-truth, people expressing their opinion grants my chance to learn.

Third, “Person” from my August 12 post, convinced me that church need not cause me angst: I can enjoy what I like and happily accommodate what I dislike unless appreciative-caution is necessary. Person treats our conversation the same way. For example, he happily perceives that “the-High-God” keeps debaters from hubris about their personal or doctrinal-God: it’s use reserves hopefully-sufficient humility. Perceiving does not imply believing. Friendship is what’s important.

Fourth, unidentified participants in the August 12 discussion are separately established friends who also mutually enjoy dialogue with Person; that is, they perceive that August 12th dialogue addresses their contemporary concerns& pursuits. None of the group claims higher opinion. Each is, therefore, able to discuss the facts, unknown as actual-reality may be. Each politics and religion is pervasive in their lives: therefore, they relish the topics. (Consequently, a few people at nearby tables listen and want to get involved. None has joined, so far, beyond anecdotal participation.)

Fifth, the August 12 meeting started at 9:30 AM and when Person departed at 12:45 PM, the discussion moved to lunch. After some other precious conversation, the lunch dialogue returned to the earlier discussion and ended with the RHI conclusion. One party asked me to write up a summary for FB publication. I wrote from my notes taken with Person, which excluded the lunch discussion. So, below is what I think I should write to share the August 12 message.

Preface: the practical Jesus has metaphysically appealed to me all my life. But I have erroneously tried to constrain Jesus with Bible-interpretation-correctness instead of Person-like-common-sense. Person does not constrain my common sense, rather encourages me to self-reliance in civic-integrity. But there may be tension, when Person seems a believer in all he has gleaned from the Bible-common-sense. Before lunch, we prepared to relieve that tension. I expressed my comfort with mystery, and felt I had affirmation from Person before he departed. Only later did I close the discussion, the closure, comprehensive-safety& security and the role of open discussion including politics and religion, is the point of the story. So here it is, complete.

Detailed message: Judeo-Christianity redirects Sumerian political philosophy -- from polytheism with human-being solely responsible for comprehensive-safety& security on earth or RHI to theism, wherein the-High-God controls everything. However, tribes prefer to develop their-God. Some 5,000 years’ history since Sumer suggests that theism generates chaos, dividing humankind, separating theists, developing sects, and isolating believers with their personal-interpretations of doctrinal beliefs. Believers in Abrahamic theisms account for a conflicted 55% of the worlds’ inhabitants.

The typical female& male family wants& needs comprehensive-safety& security so that they can& may reliably pursue the happiness the family perceives rather than submit to someone else’s vision to their family. Religious believers are not excluded from the necessity& justice to safety. With 55% of inhabitants (Abrahamic believers) involved, it can be done. How can believers accomplish it? They can promote Jesus’ civic advice; for example, his response to the proposition for a man to divorce his wife is, “a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh”. Christian-believers can& may accept (never doubt) each, God’s love, Jesus’ peace, and their soul’s salvations, in order to free their person to practice, facilitate, and encourage RHI. Atheists who delude themselves that minority status excludes duty to comprehensive-safety& security may realize that Genesis 1:28s RHI was expressed before Abraham was born, and thus before Israel and certainly before Christianity. To entreat Jesus to usurp humankind’s responsibility seems arrogant.

Not all believers will trust God’s love, Jesus’ peace, and soul salvation. Some believers adopted judging themselves, or Holy Spirit, or Satan, and, consequently, try to satisfy mysteries. Even if communities stop inculcating mysteries, unknowns linger. Therefore, I seek to involve 2/3 of inhabitants to aid RHI. They’ll be enough to motivate the ¾ Congressional representative needed to amend the U.S. Constitution.

It is essential to amend the First Amendment’s Congressional-religion constraint from not “preventing” to not “promoting”. Widespread comprehension of Jesus’ civic lessons and extrapolation to modern issues can help establish RHI, at least in the USA. Beliefs in soul salvation need not be sacrificed.

 

Phil Beaver does not “know.” He trusts in and is committed to the-objective-truth which can only be discovered. Conventional wisdom has truth founded on reason, but it obviously does not work.

Phil is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit corporation. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com, and consider essays from the latest and going back as far as you like.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment