Saturday, May 13, 2017

May 13, 2017

Phil Beaver works to establish opinion when the-objective-truth has not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by listening to other people’s experiences and observations. The comment box below invites readers to express facts, opinion, or concern, perhaps to share with people who may follow the blog.
Note:  I often connect words in a phrase with dashes in order to represent an idea. For example, frank-objectivity represents the idea of candidly expressing the-objective-truth despite possible error. In other words, the writer expresses his “belief,” knowing he could be in error. People may collaboratively approach the-objective-truth.

The Advocate

Our View. Siding with Gov. John Bel Edwards’ opinion based on a conference that raises issues President Donald Trump knows he faces is the last position I would take.

The Advocate is responsible for its business plan rather than public opinion.

However, I am concerned that going overboard for the Obama-administration-residuals adversely impacts the present and future for Louisiana’s No. 1---the people rather than Edwards’ partnerships.
    
Today’s thought (James 4:17). Both the out of context verse Dean quotes and Dean’s interpretation are too vague, and Dean, unusually leaves God/none to the reader. My sister again thinks Dean seems blasphemous.

The sentence is taken out of the context of doing God’s will. The sentence from the Complete Jewish Version makes some sense: “So then, anyone who knows the right thing to do and fails to do it is committing a sin.”
 
Considering Merriam-Webster online, “sin” means against divine law, against morality, reprehensible act, or fault, respectively. Given competitive tasks, we tend to prioritize with regard to different objectives. “Against divine law” is subjective to the believer/non-believer. Morality may be objective or not. “Reprehensible” may be social. “Fault” seems objective, so the focus might be personal preference.
 
For example, this morning I may read & write, eat Saturday breakfast with the family, look for our lost cat, sprig a rainwater-wash in the yard, pick up limbs from the windy-rain, shop, meditate, weed a flower bed, exercise, read a quarterly, read a book, call a sick relative, plan the next library meeting, solve a computer glitch, research a disputed charge, respond to a message, or take a needed break from all that. I prioritize these wishes according to expectations for current and future demands. In other words, I may miss my 90 minutes’ daily exercise for family needs, but meditation always happens during weed-pulling and other parallel acts.

I do not find Dean’s advice helpful at all, especially because he does not seem committed to God. Why did he omit, V 15: Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that?”

Letters

  
Causeway safefy (LaSalle and Ligi). I’m just glad I do not need to support Hollis and that I do not travel the Causeway. Would you believe in five decades here I have never crossed it? It’s not on my bucket list.  

Expense to remove statues won’t help (Ellis). To Richard E. Parisi: I’m always trying to find a good in events.

Perhaps future elections will involve a better choice than Mitch Landrieu or such. By all means, Donald Trump was a better choice than those I faced twice: one in the primaries and then in the election.

I am a fiscal conservative and think government's purpose is to support individual-independence. My work for voluntary public-integrity does not get any response to me, so I don't know if it is attractive to anyone or not. Google it and comment to make it better: "voluntary public-integrity," and click on the URL at "A Civic People," just now the first listed.

New Orleans perfection (Watermeier). Thanks, Mayor Landrieu for another been-there-done-that.

Your lessons taught me I was a sucker during five decades spending bug bucks at personal risk and with a party of four or more and maybe a companion family to boot. I now know we experienced tolerance but no appreciation or good will. Tolerating me for my money won’t happen in my next 47 years (if I reach my goal).

I no longer miss New Orleans, and such tunes don’t strike good chords for me.

I want voluntary public-integrity and go where I hope to find it.

   
Rich Lowry column. Thank you for an analysis of AHCA regarding pre-existing conditions. I want to exclude those cases from medical insurance and let the state pay for pre-existing medical care directly. But I am more interested in your tacit mendacity for the sake of social propriety.
  
Albert Einstein said civic people don’t lie so they may communicate (see Einstein’s essay and ethics example on lying at samharris.org/blog/item/my-friend-einstein). In this column you employ straw-man mendacities to observe social propriety rather than civic morality. “False-scare” and “demagogic dishonesty” are straw-man contortions so that you can avoid the social impropriety of calling both Rep. Frank Pallone and Rep. Nancy Pelosi liars. Your word choices are so convoluted the public can’t tell who is responsible for the problem.

Please follow Einstein’s advice: don’t lie so that you may communicate. If you are claiming someone lied, make your message explicit, please.

Dana Millbank column (Trump will fail). The first sentence is a hope. The last sentence is a lie. Milbank, you advance your hope to make my votes wrongful. You are my enemy.

Edward Pratt column (I’m blessed). I like your question.

There’s also the person who asks, “Did your house flood,” and you perceive they hope “Yes.” I even heard a politician say that Livingston and folks that way got what they deserved.

Clarence Page column (Moderate democrats). I agree its past time for democrats to help the people instead of trying to grow votes for the party.

Perhaps if the liberal media had integrity more democrats could work for the people.
                                                         
EBR homicides up (Page 1B) Not a hopeful statistic for Baton Rouge.

DA Moore to Gitmo (Page 2B). Best wishes for an enriching experience to one of humankind’s finest and a Baton Rouge, authentic person.

Sex Trafficking (Page 3B). “That world is hell.”

The female body does not build the wisdom-building parts of the brain until age 23 and a human needs a few years more to accumulate wisdom, so for someone to say a woman younger than 28 to 30 chose hell is far-fetched.

Is Lampley a citizen?

CommUNITY in BR (Page 1D). The Interfaith Federation and all other minister coalitions motivate Chapter XI Machiavellianism (voluntary enslavement to the priest-politician-partnership-for-picking-pockets) and do not promote voluntary public-integrity.

Here’s my view of the-objective-truth about CommUNITY:

1.    The congregations get together under the pretense that they worship God. However
a.     Each minister defines a different God.
                                          i.    A rabbi believes YHWH chose the Jews as messenger to all people.
                                         ii.    A Christian claims people who believe Jesus are chosen.
                                        iii.    A Muslim claims those who submit to Allah are chosen.
b.    Each of these groups is factional and factions may war against each other.
c.     I only know some about Christianity, with its five main groups: Church of the East, Oriental Orthodoxy, Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, and Protestantism.
                                          i.    Each of those groups is factional, too.
                                         ii.    Baptists believe in the priesthood of the believers in Jesus and the Lord’s Supper in remembrance.
                                        iii.    Catholics believe in priesthood of the priest and transubstantiation.
                                        iv.    Since black power and black liberation theology appeared, it seems black church has a skin-colored God. I don’t know if they class themselves as “Christian” or not.
d.    It’s like getting together to babble, each minister hoping for something to happen.
2.    One thing certain: I am excluded from this CommUNITY, not because I am a citizen who was born in Knoxville, Tennessee and have been a citizen of Baton Rouge for five decades, but because I am an American who trusts and is committed to the preamble to the constitution for the USA---to the people for ultimate civic justice.
a.     My religious beliefs are nobody’s business, and they have no standing in civic collaboration. I will not collaborate with the public about my religious beliefs.
b.    However, I will and want to collaborate to discover the-objective-truth regarding civic morality and either mutually behave, like in queuing to enter a concert, or establish statutory laws, like on driving through intersections or when the-objective-truth is not known.
c.     No other citizen wants my opinion about the power of their God nor do I want to ponder such questions.
3.    I speculate that America is experiencing renewed boldness toward religion because of the erroneous Greece v Galloway (2014), which says that legislative prayer is ceremonial for legislators and is none of the people’s business! (That’s Chapter XI Machiavellianism.)
4.    I know these statements seem strange to select believers.
a.     However, it is past time for most citizens to realize that most everyone wants broadly-defined-civic-safety-&-security (public-security), and they really do not want to debate their religious beliefs. That’s voluntary public-integrity.
b.    In addition, America is no longer 99% Protestant with 5% of free-citizens able to vote. America is more than 23% non-religious with 100% of non-criminals able to vote. That’s 74 million Americans excluded from CommUNITY.
5.    Some people tell me that my concerns might gain more collaboration if I would not harp on religion ruining voluntary public-integrity. However, it would be straw-man mendacity to try to express that religion ruins civic morality without explicit writing.

Anyone who wants to know more about “voluntary public-integrity” may find an introduction by googling the phrase.

Guarding our tongues (Page 4D). This warning by Christopher Simon is traditional Christian political correctness. It is a bad old practice that needs to join the trash bin of history’s failures. It is responsible for the preamble’s erroneous label “secular” influencing many people. The preamble is neutral to religion.

And it is hypocrisy of the first order and second kind. For example, if I am in dire need, how are helpers to learn of it if I am too oppressed to speak?

And if you are in the same situation, how are you going to know if I have the prudence to not speak to you?

In Baton Rouge, citizens need broadly-defined-civic-safety-&-security, which is the people’s responsibility not God’s. I have the civic propriety to share this concern.

The media (Page 3A). I watch many WH press meetings online, and the writers are disgraceful to themselves.

I’d rather talk to a used car salesman than a media-writer.

I hope President Trump follows through on the idea of taking their questions and writing answers after the conference.

Other Forums

quora.com/What-is-the-best-way-parents-can-teach-gender-equality-to-their-children/answer/Phil-Beaver-1/comment/35197391?__nsrc__=4&__snid3__=1040045837

Responding to a comment:

I am a chemical engineer (with a career that exposed me to perhaps forty ethnicity groups), in my 48th year of monogamy, and father of three. Our cat of 13 years (after 31 years of having cats) is missing. We may not replace her, because there is too much wildlife encroaching our city property. I hope to live another 47 years’ well-being. I write to help improve my opinion about the-objective-truth.

I think I did answer your question to the best of my ability, high-spotting the issues I perceive: I do not know the-objective-truth. I can only express opinion about “the best way parents can teach gender equality to their children.” In the first place, I cannot parse the question’s words for the questioner. What is the meaning of “parent”; “teach”; “gender”; “equality”; “their”; “children”? I don’t know why you would be so vague about such an important question and assume it’s because you don’t know. But your brevity did not invite asking your meaning or purpose: I would be intruding into your life to ask: I do not ask at this moment.
  
Children's lives are ruined because care-takers don’t understand meanings. It seems to me a large percentage of the time adults tacitly think they want someone to love them and therefore acquire a child by means beyond fidelity. I think in fidelity a couple bond for life and reach a point in appreciation of each other and their monogamy that they want to share the bonding with a child for life and for grandchildren’s lives. Otherwise, the subjected child suffers and may repeat the abuse for future generations of children, I think. However, I cannot say there are no people who can nourish a child without monogamy.
  
What’s different about my person is somewhat expressed in what I wrote to you: Unlike most humans, I perceive that I may perfect my unique person, and that is the human purpose for living. Most people would not accept the possibility of personal perfection, but I do, low as I may be (borrowing words from Ralph Waldo Emerson and his source). See Divinity School Address and focus on the two paragraphs following “These general views, which, whilst they are general, none will contest . . . “

I receive many quora questions, some seemingly directed to me. I don’t know how that works, but I respond to only a few. I’d say there are two reasons I choose to respond: 1) the question is challenging and 2) I think my response may help readers.
When I decide to respond, I start writing and let the thoughts flow as fast as possible. My thoughts are dense with ideas that can be further developed. If an idea strikes the reader as interesting, I hope he or she will comment on the idea rather than the person. When I feel I have reached a conclusion, I stop. Then I read through looking for typos and misleading phrases. If I think of it, I check to see if a phrase in the first paragraph indicates where I am going and again in the last paragraph to indicate I arrived.

Trust me. I learn more from the experience than I ever imagined. If the reader gains something, good—-that’s why I decided to write, and posterity is helped. If not, that’s OK, because the reader is a psychologically powerful human with the opportunity to perfect his or her person. Personal perfection does not come by mimicking another human’s opinion or journey.

I appreciate your comment very much. Trust me; I learned a lot by answering without brevity. I hope readers benefit, too.



Phil Beaver does not “know” the-indisputable-facts. Phil trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered and some is understood. Phil is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit corporation. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment