Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May 17, 2017

Phil Beaver works to establish opinion when the-objective-truth has not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by listening when people share experiences and observations. The comment box below invites readers to express facts, opinion, or concern, perhaps to share with people who may follow the blog.

Note 1:  I often dash words in a phrases in order to express and preserve an idea. For example, frank-objectivity represents the idea of candidly expressing the-objective-truth despite possible error. In other words, a person expresses his “belief,” knowing he or she could be in error. People may collaboratively approach the-objective-truth.

Note 2: It is important to note "civic" as in citizens for the people rather than citizens for the city.

 The Advocate:  See online at theadvocate.com/baton_rouge.
  
Our Views (superficial history). Perhaps The Advocate got its “fake news” boldness by captioning Swanson’s erroneous letter to the editor “The Civil War was about slavery.”

The Advocate may sometime address the conclusion of the Declaration of Secession’s catalogue of complaints: “. . . public opinion at the North has invested a great political error with the sanction of more erroneous religious belief.”

The above quote and others, and many 1850’s sermons in the South, are evidence that the Civil War was started to affirm the Bible as the divine Word of God: Slavery is an institution of God. St. Augustine justified slavery as punishment for sin unto the generations of the sinner. God would empower 7 states to overcome 27 states.

Because the “more religious belief” phrase has not been admitted, considered, and resolved, history may repeat itself.

The Bible seems to condone slavery, so there’s a dilemma: either the Bible is erroneous or the less erroneous slavery will prevail in a future war. Let's face the dilemma.

Considering flat earth, young earth, Jesus-hate, subjugation of women, and the slavery errors, I conclude that many Bible passages are wrong. There is no dilemma for me: Both the Bible and slavery are wrong.

As long as this civilization represents the Bible as unquestionable on civic justice, I consider myself in dissent. I support people who want broadly-defined-civic-safety-&-security so that each person may pursue for life the happiness they perceive rather than a dominant doctrine for afterdeath.
   
Today’s thought (James 2:19). Dean makes a plain message about deeds mysterious. I have yet to grasp Dean’s purpose.

Just as I had no influence on my coming, I’ll have no influence on my going. Therefore, low as I may be, I respond to the promise: Be perfect.

Letters

Crossroads (Rantz). I think Rantz is saying medical care must become personal health care with national care for catastrophic illness or accident. Let insurance go to the trash bin of history except for people who want it. If so, I agree but need to see the details.

Religion war (Swanson). Swanson’s quotes present support that the Civil War was started on the Declaration of Secession’s claim against the north’s “more erroneous religious belief.”

He quotes, “blessings of African slavery,” and “heavenly ordained supremacy of the white man.”

I think history’s lessen is being woefully overlooked in Louisiana: Don’t start a war holding “more erroneous religious belief.”

Plaques with such message may be attached to Civil War monuments here.

Rich Lowry column (Comey firing). Don’t forget the voters.

I think the media oppose my vote for someone who may rescue the USA from liberal democrats. Certainly, liberal democrats oppose my vote: The USA is a representative government.
   
E. J. Dionne column. I fear the media’s authoritarianism.

The basic norm in the media is to speculate, cite and official who must remain anonymous, then state a conclusion. I fear that process.

The media try to plant untruths to create autocracy.

The media often include as news articles speculation on reports by other media outlets. They present as news opinion about media opinion.

The media scares readers, but Dionne takes it a little too far.

Michael Gerson column (evangelicals). I don’t need relief from the lyric ’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear.”

At least Gerson honed my verbal awareness. “Anodyne” seems more obscure than “inoffensive.” I might be an intellectual country bumpkin or “rube.” I often prefer Merriam-Webster, but liked Google’s eschatology: “the part of theology concerned with death, judgment, and the final destiny of the soul and of humankind.” I would have continued to think the cliché “end times.”

But I doubt the verity of Gerson’s arrows: “shocking lowly character” of “exclusion and bias.” I think those practices are widespread. I would not exclude Gerson from Gerson’s venom.

Lanny Keller column (HB71). Keller writes like a true liberal democrat: can’t decide which of his opinions to express yet leans left.


Phil Beaver does not “know” the-indisputable-facts. He trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered and some is understood. He is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit corporation. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment