Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 22, 2017



Phil Beaver works to establish opinion when the-indisputable-facts-of-reality have not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by learning other people’s experiences and observations. The comment box below invites sharing facts, opinion, or concern. (I read, write, and listen to establish my opinion as I pursue the-objective-truth.)
Note:  I often connect words in a phrase with the dash in order to represent an idea. For example, frank-objectivity represents the idea of candidly expressing the-objective-truth without addressing possible error or attempting to balance the expression.

Our Views: Legislative “compromise” in this opinion motivated me to challenge The Advocate on their role to research and opine for the people. “In a free-market democracy, the people ultimately decide as to how their press should act,” according to a scholarly essay, online at usa.usembassy.de/etexts/media/freepr/essay3.htm .

(BTW, I prefer, from the usembassy article, "free-market democracy" [what I need I hope someone civically supplies] to liberal democracy [I want it all and I demand it now despite feasibility or fidelity].

Sorry: I got off track. If there will be a special session, the obligations of the governor and the Legislature is to iteratively-collaborate so as to provide the services the people of Louisiana need rather than the liberal demands of special interest groups and persons. That includes jet-setting, perk taking, elected, appointed, and career officials.
The Advocate may accept the duty of opining the people anytime it sees the benefits to its business plan.

Today’s Thought. Ahhhhh, Sunday---day of Dean-relief.


Mark Ballard column. I appreciate the creativity of “irony-impaired Edwards” but think it obfuscates Edwards’ hypocrisy. Sales tax bad for Jindal but good for “me”. Travel bad for Jindal and foreign travel bad for Dardenne but good for me.


James Gill column. I appreciate AG Jeff Landry’s official work and Gill’s attention to it. I don’t condone gambling, but it exists unofficially and Gill suggests state controls might be better.
 
IMO, Gill overlooked America’s sovereign: a civic people---those few who comprehend and adhere to the civic contract stated in the preamble to the constitution for the USA. That’s We the [Civic] People of the United States. In their states---the required nine---about 65% of delegates voted to ratify the 1787, draft constitution for the USA. Unfortunately, the did so with the commitment that the First Congress would amend with a bill of rights, following English custom. Federalist 84 warned against the unintended and unnecessary consequences.
 
(As Benjamin Franklin feared, the people neglect the republic and thereby empower unfortunate protests, disruptions, damage, and violence, such as in the marches for women yesterday, as well as the Alinsky-Marxist organizations (AMO) the people tolerate more frequently. A civic people may stay informed and vote for public-integrity.)

Jeff Sadow column.  Thank you for the attention to the Vatican-Edwards-partnership according to Chapter XI Machiavellianism. I suspect the timing was due to the threat of closing the Mexican-border entry for South-American refugees aided by foreign Catholic Charities.
 
Moreover, thank you for suggesting legislative action to protect Louisiana taxpayers from its governor and the collections of people he or she wishes to favor as well as other elected an appointed officials who perceive privilege to pick the people’s pockets.

George Will column.  Ahhhhh. Relief from Will’s wrong-minded attacks on the US Constitution and President Trump.

I like Will’s wording about civic morality in “. . . using dangerous PEDs, thereby jeopardizing their physical and mental health and forfeiting their integrity.” The liberal democrat rebukes Will and me: What business of yours is their dangerous practice and their integrity? I hope the reader takes it as an issue of public-integrity.

Audit (Page 1A). Thank you, The Advocate for prompt reporting on the Cain case. Yesterday I asked, “Is [Mrs. Cain] partially guilty yet a victim of systematic crime?” I look forward to indictment of the bosses.

Protests (Page 1A). The video of Trump’s “locker-room” comments---about some women subjugating their bodies for celebrities---was on display for the world yesterday by people like Madonna IMO. I oppose subjugation of women, including voluntary acts.

Obamacare (Page 12A). Nancy Pelosi’s famous Congressional “leadership”---passing bills to find out what is in them---must go down in history as one of the most awful Democratic Party products ever. Don’t get me wrong: I have no hope for the GOP, either. For example, DOMS, justified on Judeo-Christian tradition rather than the-indisputable-facts-of-reality, empowered President Obama to fabricate Windsor v US (2013) and enable Obergefell v Hodges (2015). By US Supreme Court opinion about Judeo-Christian opinion’s relevance, the dignity and equality of a child or metaphysical child-waiting-to-be-born was subjugated to adult contracts. The tyranny against children may be undone.



Mayoral Prayer (Saturday Page 2B). Citizens must recall that prayer led the South Carolina legislature to secede from the USA in 1860. Moreover, prayer led President George W. Bush to invade Iraq in 2003. Citizens of Baton Rouge, beware governmental prayer!

Also, consider President Trump’s January 20 message: Togetherness and solidarity on blood color rather than skin color. I would add togetherness and solidarity on civic morality rather than religion.

God’s President (Saturday Page 1D). It is hilarious that writers write such human contradiction and that clergy speak such blasphemy.

During Lincoln’s presidency, God shot on Fort Sumter, starting the Civil War:  North-white-church defeated South-white-church to settle “erroneous religious opinion”. However, for some believers, the Bible condones slavery, and God favors black skin.

During George W. Bush’s presidency, God invaded a foreign country that had not attacked the USA or an ally. The consequence is ISIS.

During Barack Obama’s presidency, God (not government) instituted families with a man as mom and a man as dad and the children subjected to adult contracts without a heterosexual role model. Also, the children are candidates for future Godly romance with mom or dad or both. God, previously neutral, was black.

Any way you cut it, Jesus had it wrong about Caesar’s image: God controls both sides of the coin. And the Jesuit professor trivializes with a bet using “smart biblical money.” I enjoy humorous comedy. On the other hand thoughtless use of "God" reminds me of begging woe.



A remarkable feature of the Trump presidency is his 2015 witness: "I am not sure I have [asked for forgiveness]. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't." This quote reminds me of the time I asked my daughter if she is humble. She responded, "I think I am humble," leaving judgment beyond self.

Trump's inauguration was marked with a five factional-Christian and one Jewish prayer. For his hour, perhaps he chose faiths that are less in conflict with the Constitution for the USA than some institutional religions. (See Sanctuary, below.) An interfaith service on Saturday reached out to other faiths.  See http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2017/january/trump-promises-to-give-power-back-to-the-people-uses-biblical-themes .

Sanctuary (Saturday Page 4D). Imam: “Our faith teaches us that all people are worthy of humanity, regardless of their documentation status.” Do you think the US Constitution matters to the Imam?

Phil Beaver does not “know”. Phil trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered and some is understood. Phil Beaver is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment