Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 4, 2017



Request: Phil Beaver works to establish opinion only when the-indisputable-facts-of-reality have not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by learning other people’s experiences and observations. Please use the comment box below to share facts and opinion.
 
Today’s Thought (Dean).
“Love” seems over extended, and Dean seems to use it to divide Christians from the rest of humankind. I think Dean errs: Regardless of Christianity, a civic people behave so as to appreciate each other. On this hope a Sunday-school mate and citizen accused me of heresy.
Some students opine that the Bible is replete with error, both physical and psychological. For example, the Bible condones slavery. Other students expect Bible verification when the masters of slaves emerge according to the one “who sent” Jesus (see below).
A student may assume Jesus did not err. Not writing seems innocent enough. Did John err?
He reports, in John 6:38 that Jesus said, “For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.”
Then, in John 13:34-35 John says Jesus said, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
A civic person is humble yet behaves so that appreciation may be granted. If he is accused of heresy, is the assumed-offense against God, Jesus, John, or the accuser’s beliefs? That’s too many variables for me.
I reserve love for my wife and among others try to earn or share appreciation.

E. J. Dionne column. I can’t believe Dionne does not bemoan California’s one US Senator for every 18.7 million people vs. Wyoming’s one for every 284 thousand. For voting power, move to Wyoming. By all means, do not allow social democracy! Keep the republic!!!
 
Phil Beaver does not know. He trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered yet some is understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment