Saturday, November 11, 2017

November 11, 2017

Phil Beaver works to establish opinion when the-objective-truth has not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by listening when people share experiences and observations. The comment box below invites readers to write.
Note 1:  I often dash words in phrases in order to express and preserve an idea. For example, frank-objectivity represents the idea of candidly expressing the-objective-truth despite possible error. In other words, a person expresses his “belief,” knowing he or she could be in error. People may collaboratively approach the-objective-truth.
 Note 2: It is important to note "civic" refers to citizens who collaborate for the people more than for the city.
A personal paraphrase of the preamble by & for Phil Beaver:  We the willing people of nine of the thirteen United States commit to and trust in the purpose and goals stated herein --- integrity, justice, collaboration, defense, prosperity, liberty, and perpetuity --- and to cultivate limited services by the USA, beginning on June 21, 1788.
Composing their own paraphrase, citizens may consider the actual preamble and perceive whether they are willing or dissident toward its agreement.   

Our Views (theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/our_views/article_229dac4e-a791-11e7-986f-934700887a51.html?mode=comments)
We are grateful to veterans and civic citizens who 1) support the armed forces and 2) personally collaborate for peace. Thank you for the civic peace we experience.

I wondered if NFL kneelers might feel chagrin today, and searched for news. It looks promising: theblaze.com/news/2017/10/09/group-calls-for-nfl-boycott-on-veterans-day-and-already-has-120000-supporters .

The constitution for Great State of Louisiana protects free and responsible expression, and the people can reform the USA’s First Amendment in that regard. (Requiring a free and responsible press as well.)
  
Especially because of brain injuries, the day may come when NFL reports are history only.
  
Today’s thought, G.E. Dean (Matthew 18:18-20 CJB), November 11, 2017
(Jesus to disciples) “Yes! I tell you people that whatever you prohibit on earth will be prohibited in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven. To repeat, I tell you that if two of you here on earth agree about anything people ask, it will be for them from my Father in heaven. For wherever two or three are assembled in my name, I am there with them.”

Dean says “This is one reason we should be in church with other believers. Be in church this Sunday.” Notice Dean ignored Verses 18-19, wherein Jesus tells believers they control both earth and heaven. Perhaps Dean doubts Matthew’s claims.
 
I attempted to follow Matthew or Dean religious indoctrination for five decades. Then I discovered that my wife’s Christian faction (sect) is more important to me for her than Mom and Dad’s Christian faction for me. My Sunday school, erroneously in my view, routinely denounced my wife’s faction. I dropped Mom and Dad’s religion, even though I knew I could not adopt for me my wife’s religion---other than for me for her.

During two decades of worship with my wife and children I never assumed I could arbitrarily practice her rituals: I appreciated her too much to mimic what I had not adopted. I still treasure her rituals for her and would not change anything about her. Our children, exposed to both factions, as Gibran suggests (poem, “On Children”), as teenagers announced that each had his or her own religious thoughts. Another two decades have passed. I would not have discovered my person without our family.
  
I discovered that I had, perhaps from age ten, appreciated the-objective-truth. By dropping the pursuit of self-indoctrination, I realized that I trust-in and commit-to the-objective-truth, which can only be discovered.
 
This morning, for the first time, I recognize the fullness of my trust and commitment---call it faith but not religion. I do not know what I do not know and think it’s OK that I do not know what I do not know. I am comforted to wait for ever-increasing discovery rather than join an association that feels better to expect, for example, a hereafter. Because I do not know, I cannot question another person’s hopes and comforts.

I do not want a religion for me, but want to collaborate for civic peace with people from all walks of life, reserving for each person private pursuit of personal hopes. By civic peace I mean mutual, comprehensive safety and security.

Thus, each Sunday, I perceive I am in the world with everyone---both the civic citizens and the dissidents, whether by innocence or by belief in criminality or other public offense. I like that feeling but do not want to impose my faith on anyone who collaborates for civic peace. Let peaceful people enjoy privacy.
 
Today, Veterans Day, 2017, I both can and may recommend my civic thinking without threatening any person’s hereafter or other personal, private hope.

Each person’s life is too precious to them and to a civic culture for dissidents to spoil it by imposing mysteries onto the person’s brief time in which to discover their personal hopes and dreams. 

Letters

Lying legislators (Sanderson) (theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/letters/article_0e66d6da-c5a3-11e7-91ec-ab8d774d6bd0.html)

The excess cost of state department employees is part of the special interest lying that goes on in government. Only willing people, through voluntary collaboration, may deliver the justice needed for survival.

My point is so obvious and most people are so accustomed to waiting for their God or government to deliver justice that mostly what I get is rebuke. In seven decades, I have never seen widespread ruin so eminent. Maybe some people will collaborate at last.

Gissel (Eccles)
theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/letters/article_2b13e262-c591-11e7-bb16-1fc5290afc58.html)

Ms. Eccles, it is often difficult to decide your voting preference. I thought Bodi White was not well spoken, hard-working as he is, and that Ms. Broome’s speaking skills were an advantage. Voting for him required hope he could and would reform.

However, I had been to several meetings wherein Broome proposed state spending to help people in need, and she would often end her message with “. . . especially our black [seniors or students or children or whatever the special-interest]. I thought she was so transparently racist I could not vote for her. Thinking it a private matter, I never followed her church interests, but should have.

Her platform seemed to be church and dialogues on racism. Some black theology is pure racism, often disguised. I’ve been here for five decades and don’t think racism will prevail. Yet, it has kept the people bemused since its establishment by civic citizens in nine courageous states on June 21, 1788. After that, the people in four dissident states had the opportunity to join, and ten states started operating as the USA on March 4, 1789, leaving three as the remaining free and independent states in the confederation of states.

I don’t know what his opinion would be now, but Frederick Douglass’s 1852 speech seemed to agree with my opinion: The preamble was intended for black slaves and the articles of the constitution prepared for---expected---emancipation when economic conditions were right. He was unbelieving at the insolence of American theism and moral divide 64 years after the preamble had been ratified.
 
Now, 52 years after the Civil Rights acts of 1964-5, I am appalled at how much we regressed. I perceive civic collaboration in some quarters, but in others I get the vibe, “A black cannot trust a white man.” People should not be judged on their skin color. I yield that sincere statement to no one.

Experience and observations inform me that when someone expresses, “Phil you are a liar,” the speaker invokes self-doubt or expresses guilt. Phil, “you are an idiot,” expresses emptiness. “Phil, drop dead,” is evil. We live in a time that is beyond strange, but we could change it by practicing the preamble.

To JT McQuitty: On Monday before the Friday registration deadline, I sincerely told my friend Hugh that I was so disappointed I was contemplating a bid for mayor.

Both reliable and sensible, Hugh said: in that case, you ought to contact a political consultant and tell him your intentions. I called Roy and presented my impromptu TV spot, “My name is Phil Beaver and I want to be your mayor . . .” He responded, “That’s pure John Locke, and it’ll get you nowhere."

He then asked if I had $5 million, lots of friends, many contributors, and skillfully herded cats.
 
My wife was not particularly relieved by my decision. She had already told me that if I ran and won she would attend the victory celebration.
  
Beauty College approved for TOPS (Musso) (theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/letters/article_b2eb7076-c594-11e7-9c33-e329826dfd2e.html)

osfa.la.gov/MainSitePDFs/TOPSTechPC.pdf
  
Litter (Pittman) (theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/letters/article_2923576a-c593-11e7-b1f8-c3fe9a333646.html)

I am reluctant to speak of litterers as cretins for fear the distributor suffers cretinism.

Columns. (The fiction/non-fiction comments gallery for readers)
  
Pretend to skip Trump (Michael Barone) (washingtonexaminer.com/michael-barone-keep-calm-and-carry-on/article/2639315)

I never imagined Trump would enter the political scene. However, civic citizens are motivated and the administration’s accomplishments have been amazing. He and his administration are “calm and carry on through” the swamp and the liberal media.

The people, like me, who voted for Trump/Pence twice revised to six years their view of the time it will take the administration to 1) realize that America never was great or it would not be in this pit and 2) to turn the politics with the reality that America will become great.

The sooner the resistance turns on the light of civic collaboration for mutual, comprehensive safety and security, the better.  
  
The civic life is too joyful to tolerate the U.S. Congress (Walter Williams) creators.com/read/walter-williams/11/17/ignorance-versus-stupidity

“. . . we are stupid if we believe that a politician can produce a better life than that which is obtained through peaceable, voluntary exchange with our fellow man anywhere on earth.”

I nominate Williams’ conclusion as quote of the year. Only a willing people may establish collaboration using the preamble to the constitution for the USA, a civic agreement.
 
Some voters (E.J. Dione) (washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-democratic-sweep-ushers-in-a-new-political-era/2017/11/08/2bb87676-c4ae-11e7-84bc-5e285c7f4512_story.html?utm_term=.6b3061a84e8e)

Virginia’s 13 electoral votes accounted for 5.6% of Clinton’s loss in 2016. It’s no surprise that they remain in that camp.
 
However, it is not too late for them to reform.  


Phil Beaver does not “know” the-indisputable-facts. He trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered and some is understood. He is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit corporation. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment