Monday, March 27, 2017

March 27, 2017



Phil Beaver works to establish opinion when the-objective-truth has not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by learning other people’s experiences and observations. The comment box below invites sharing facts, opinion, or concern. If you like the wok, share with people who may be interested.
Note:  I often connect words in a phrase with the dash in order to represent an idea. For example, frank-objectivity represents the idea of candidly expressing the-objective-truth without addressing possible error or attempting to balance the expression.

The Advocate:

Our Views---jail reform. We learned in yesterday’s The Advocate (thank you) that the contract personnel at Pinecrest are suffering assault because criminals rather than mental patients are being sent there. I think care for public offenders who should be mental patients should be part of the prison reform agenda.

Today’s thought. Jeremiah 2:13. Jeremiah son of Hilkiah, laments the destruction of Jerusalem as punishment from the Lord. I’m not certain Jeremiah knew enough to speak for the Lord.

In mimicking Jeremiah’s expression, Dean overlooks Jesus’s claim according to John the apostle (John 6:39): “This is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.”

Or perhaps Dean is writing for disciples of the Lord according to Jeremiah rather than disciples of Jesus according to John. Regardless, I do not mimic Dean’s choices for Dean.

Letters

Tax ideas (Totty). It would not surprise me if Totty is miffed with The Advocate’s caption. The Advocate takes freedom of the press rather than upholds the writer’s freedom of expression. 
 
Totty duly notes that Gov. Edwards’ proposal to tax companies’ gross sales could eliminate purchaser’s tax, now called “sales tax.” Turning Gov. Edwards’ nonsense into Totty’s dream is nonsense.
 
The grim view I acquired after reading philanthropyroundtable.org/topic/excellence_in_philanthropy/freedom_and_philanthropy in conjunction with trying to understand the Mexican coyote enterprise. They usher people from Central America through Mexico with Catholic Church help for illegal entry into the USA.
 
The philanthropic “sanctuary” help here encourages me in a long-standing desire to stop tax favor for religious philanthropists and non-profit philanthropists. Philanthropists burden the people through both their continuous tax dodge and taxpayer responsibility to maintain the harm the philanthropist created.

Luther’s opinion (Singleton). To Joe Diogenes: Deep for me, so far:
No complaints with your opinions about Luther’s opinions and Banhoeffer’s opinions for each of you. 
 
I prefer John the apostle’s report of what Jesus said: “Be perfect.”
 
Both Pelagius (360-418 AD) and Ralph Waldo Emerson’s interpretations seem like, “Phil, you have the psychological power to perfect your person.”
 
I think I am working on it, but don’t know---can't judge.
 
To Doug Johnson: Doug, recalling that spot in my yard where a big tree fell and your generous thinking, tools, truck, and person helped relieve my problem: You always had ample supply of human grace, IMO.
 
But your comment gives me an opportunity to share a recent experience. I ignored coercion to sing-along for "Amazing Grace" with the words projected on a big wall. In my silence, I read with comprehension for the first time, "Twas grace that taught my heart to fear." I was glad I had not sung the thought.
 
I'm glad I recovered from fear decades before I realized its source. As you know, you were decades quicker than me.

Will on art (Zaslow). I disagree. Art appreciation, including PBS word jumbling, phrase arrangement and idea distortion, is a private pursuit for personal enthusiasts.
 
Philanthropy has freedom of expression and assembly but not to tax the public.
 
I agree that GFW may retire any day now, but mightily enjoyed a couple recent posts, especially washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-intellectual-diversity-we-need/2017/03/10/a88b0172-0515-11e7-b9fa-ed727b644a0b_story.html?utm_term=.6e9d3bc193f1 . I plan to rebut that one when I have time.
  
Cal Thomas column. I can’t imagine trying to govern NYC, but in general the facts confirm President Johnson’s great society is a miserable failure.
 
In 1963, I had hope that carried until the race riots after the 1964-5 civil rights act and voting act. I was distracted by issues like affirmative action and my own living. I’d say in those days I was civically moral but not civically active beyond knowing who I wanted to vote for.
 
The pivotal events of 1967-1971, emergence of the Congressional Black Caucus (how racist can you get), James H. Cone’s book, and Saul Alinsky’s book combined in a force I call Alinsky-Marxist organizing (AMO). I wonder what its economic impact is, so far.
I hope, with explanations like newenglishreview.org/DL_Adams/Saul_Alinsky_and_the_Rise_of_Amorality_in_American_Politics/ , reporting the early involvements of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, the days of influence are on the wane. However, beware OFA.

Dana Milbank column. Sometimes my writing bores me because I am sincere. But cuteness does not amuse me, and I often wonder why some writers are read. I wonder how Milbank would feel if someone wrote he’s no Buddy Hackett. Remember Music Man?

My thought is there is no clone for Scalia. Also, Gorsuch might emerge as the greatest justice ever nominated. If he led the committee of nine to iteratively collaborate to discover the-objective-truth, right away, he’d be a candidate. After all, it is silly for the greatest nation in the world to be subjected to nine persons who contemplate opinion about opinion then vote, for example, 5:4 opinion, they tentatively label “decision.”

How arrogant to the indisputable-facts-of-reality can a committee of nine be? Just look to the US Supreme Court.

Perhaps I just demonstrated that there is more humorous-humility in sincerity than in arrogance.

Michelle Singletary column. How could anyone with a gracious heart not be touched by this story? I don’t think anyone could, yet anyone who pays the bill deserves to know how five grandchildren were starving when they became solely cared for by their grandmother.

Then, the bill payer may have the information on which to build a better future. It is morally egregious for the USA not to take the necessary action to prevent repetition of this story.
I think the education system in the USA needs to be radically reformed so that children learn what it takes to prepare for and want to live a full life rather than to “train the workers we need.” I will write to Singletary about it.

Morrell (Page 1A). If this report did not seem so personal among the legislators, I'd be encouraged that someone is doing something about a $7 billion/yr burden on taxpayers.
 
I wish The Advocate writers would point out that Gov. Edwards increased the tax revenues from taxpayers $1.6 billion last year and $0.8 billion the year before and added $0.2 billion in hospital taxes and thus needs at least $2.8 billion in reduced spending.
 
Any wasteful tax exemptions should end this year rather than in the future.
 
It's possible that $1 billion/yr for child learning-incentives could be made available from wasteful tax exemptions. Giving children incentives to take charge of personal transition to civic adult could mean huge rewards for the future adults of Louisiana.
 
It could increase the state GDP to theretofore unimaginable levels; reduce child abuse; reduce welfare application rates; increase 4-year college graduation rates; and coach a first principle, work so as to save & invest to build wealth. The principle would be experienced by each child who transitions to civic adult. Incentives accumulated by the state in the child's name may turn to an $80,000 award at age 30.5.
 
Other forums:
quora.com/What-is-the-biggest-lie-society-lives-on-today 
 
Humans can rely on rational constructs from discovery; for example, an entity caused existence.

Phil Beaver does not “know”. Phil trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered and some is understood. Phil Beaver is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, an education non-profit. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment