Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6, 2017



Phil Beaver works to establish opinion when the-objective-truth has not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by learning other people’s experiences and observations. The comment box below invites sharing facts, opinion, or concern.
Note:  I often connect words in a phrase with the dash in order to represent an idea. For example, frank-objectivity represents the idea of candidly expressing the-objective-truth without addressing possible error or attempting to balance the expression.

The Advocate:

If you like this work, please tell friends about it.

Our Views. I appreciate The Advocate keeping TOPS reform before the Legislature.

The Security of the student, the student’s family, and a civic culture, respectively, should be the guiding concerns.

Too many college freshman merely nourish bad habits. I will write to my representatives to 1) reduce the number of boards overseeing education and 2) shift money to support K-12 specifically to enhance formation of good habits before college entry. "[A] student [passing] 15 hours [per semester] . . . saves . . . their families money."
 
I also appreciate Rusty Juban bringing in academic merit. A civic culture appreciates excellence and abhors habitually wasted opportunity. A civic person would not encourage children to nourish wasteful habits. It’s no wonder Louisiana ranks 50th in a country that perhaps ranks 25th. 
 
A civic people may reform the ruin Louisiana promotes.

To Deon Zackery: A Civic People of Baton Rouge is responsible for an achievable proposal supporting my post. It involves directing $1,000/yr per Louisiana student to civic-child incentives. You may read about it, improve it, and help make it happen. Please google [phil beaver + child incentives brief].

Today’s thought. Psalms 55:22. Perhaps David was lamenting infidelities and imagining salvation. The message I get is to be faithful. The question is, faithful to what?

I choose fidelity to---both respectively and collectively---the-objective-truth, myself, my family, my extended family, and the people; the nation, the world, and the universe.

It is not easy, but this morning, considering TOPS reform, I was thinking of a Scots-Irish thought passed down from my grandmother Farley for hard times: Worse things have happened to better people. I was imagining a 2017 student regretting life, because of the challenges he or she perceives. Overcoming those challenges may bring the mature person to a state of personal perfection such that death is dreaded yet warmly accepted. It isn’t easy.

Perhaps the ultimate misfortune in the Farley saw is to remain, as in Leonard Cohen’s poetry, a child asking to be born. Our civic obligation is to coach each person from feral infant to civic young adult with the understanding and intent to live a full life. The USA’s failure in that regard is barbaric in depth.

(Here’s Cohen’s lyric and visual poetry at youtube.com/watch?v=NGorjBVag0I .)

Letters:
 
Youth gaps (Neustrom). Who can oppose a Band-Aid for a civic wound? My best wishes for AMIkids success in the short term, but I want better---a civic people. In my view, much as I support helping children, this program puts excessive pressure on youth to reform their culture---their extended families.
 
In William Faulkner’s “Barn Burning,” a 10-year old walked into the world without his family, merely because he experienced justice for the first time! A civic people may lessen such age-old misery.

A willing, civic culture prevents “the barriers that divide the communities it serves.” When a civic people accept the duty to provide Security, few are “touched by violence in their neighborhoods.” The neighborhoods make certain behavior there does not attract law enforcement. When I see first responders in my neighborhood I want to know why they are here so that I can alert neighbors. Through Security---broadly-defined-safety-and-security---there are no “at risk youth in low opportunity communities.”

The “10,300 troubled youth throughout Louisiana” are victims of the failure of the people to consider, understand, and adopt the promises and commitments expressed in the world's most promising civic sentence: the preamble to the constitution for the USA.

Celebrate that agreement and collaborate for voluntary utilization at the 4th annual EBPR library celebration of Ratification Day, June 21, 2017 at 7:00 pm at Goodwood. This is an effort by willing people because they want Security, at last.

The Advocate’s defense of ACA (Cochran). Mr. Cochran, I hope you realize the editors, in their caption, took advantage of your egocentricity.
 
Yours is a case for the combination of personal responsibility and catastrophic health insurance, and even catastrophic insurance has limits. Claiming my egocentricity, I would neither volunteer to add your health problems to mine nor force young people to carry you and me.

You may read well-grounded ideas for solving the health care problems without egocentricity at, for example, Kip Hagopian and Dana Goldman, “The Health-Insurance Solution,” National Affairs, No. 13, Fall 2012, online at nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/the-health-insurance-solution . National Affairs seems a fiscal-conservative publication, and Republicans once also tended toward fiscal conservativism.

Young people were born for a time you cannot imagine, and I find it evil for you to recommend “finding a way to bring more younger, healthier people into the system.” Perhaps The Advocate did not want to commit to your proposal.

IMO, The Advocate was egregious in exposing your egocentricity for their purposes---perhaps to disparage “Republicans.” I am not of them oppose your selfishness (IMO) and The Advocate’s caption.

To B Faul: Don't miss my point: "I would [not] . . . force young people to carry . . . me. "
 
That's republicanism by a sovereign citizen collaborating for civic justice during a lifetime. Some members of the DNC practice republicanism.

 Rich Lowry column. Thank you, Lowry. At last, I tentatively like Bannon as a close advisor to President Trump.
 
Either eliminating the administrative state or amending the constitution accordingly is not an easy reform, but is one the people may undertake. Lowry does not help, emphasizing democracy rather than republicanism. If any reader seems to understand why conservative writers wish to destroy the republic by promoting democracy, please share the opinion.
 
The real kick in the teeth is that Congress created the administrative state and only a civic people can cause reform. On March 4, 2017, I realized and wrote, “Republicanism" means iteratively-collaborating for civic justice during the person’s particular life. Perhaps I was mimicking Aristotle’s definition of a citizen: one who shares in the administration of justice, and in offices. According to the preamble, people who effect its aims and purpose are Aristotelian officer holders, IMO. Regardless, the people know from 228 years’ experience that Congress takes no responsibility for civic justice.
 
Lowry’s column is online at www.nationalreview.com/article/445293/steve-bannon-cpac-speech-hit-something-important . A deeper essay: Charles J. Cooper, “Confronting the Administrative State,” National Affairs, No. 25, Fall 2015, online at nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/confronting-the-administrative-state . Understanding the administrative state will be enriching, so I work on it.

Richard Cohen column. “GOP enablers show a papal pragmatism of yore.” For my last few decades there has been nothing as amusing as the person who boasts that he or she is a journalist.
 
This column is my nomination for most unrepresentative of journalism in this decade.
 
I found support for my opinion in this statement: “The purpose of journalism is thus to provide citizens with the information they need to make the best possible decisions about their lives, their communities, their societies, and their governments.” American Press Institute, online at americanpressinstitute.org/journalism-essentials/what-is-journalism/purpose-journalism/ .

Melinda Deslatte column.  Thank you for the information, in $ billion: 29.7 spending proposal, 13.7 for state contributions to federal programs, 6.5 state constitutional requirements, and 9.5 general fund. Now comes another state constitutional requirement of 4.3, leaving 5.2 before “Edwards and lawmakers decide their priorities.” I perceive another legislative struggle for irresponsibility respecting perhaps 2 when there’s a 27.7 elephant in the state.

David Ignatius column.  It’s true that strong artificial intelligence (SAI) is at the world’s door.

However, Trump’s intentions to 1) stop funding other nation’s competitive advantages and 2) require them to either uphold their civic progress or suffer the woe of regress are deliverable. The team he is assembling can deliver for America as the world unfolds. A civic people must ignore fear mongers like Ignatius and be informed enough to prepare themselves for SAI, global warming, terrorism, and collaboration for Security.

In the past, people in many lands suffered the oppression of meager wages for an hour’s work. US manufacturing could not compete. However, dissemination of information made possible by the Internet has reduced the power of tyranny. American ability to compete is therefore on the rise. President Trump’s team sees that, and I suspect Ignatius does too. But Ignatius like so many media-writers seems to care nothing for what citizens should know.

State needs taxes” March 3. To Terry Reynolds: I revisited, because "civic values," is not frequently read these days (but more frequently than "civic morality" in about 3.5 to 1 ratio). I do promote neither “society” nor “civility” so maybe Smith's usage is different. 
 
I wondered who Smith is (doctor turned writer) and will study. Thank you.
 
These days, I express that appreciation rather than love is a first principle of civic morality. I found Smith's similar expression about "falling in friendship" at youtube.com/watch?v=eoosBPpaU58&list=PLgi6k6aWyV5sm7yekpuYZ67-EhYKQhBGf&index=25 . Thank you, again and always.

Lawsuit (Page 1A). I’m not likely to end up in jail, but if I did, I’d call family for the drugs I need. Why is this incident different?
  
Muslim group(Page 2B). The only thing I ever learned from a Muslim acquaintance is, “Phil, sooner or later you will submit to Allah.” I posit it means I will die, but can’t get confirmation.
 
I get lots of input from people like Chris Holton, and believe him. Thank goodness for local district attorneys. Meanwhile, see youtube.com/watch?v=9vK31dbKfL4 to hear Holton’s concerns.
 
What I work for is for sovereign citizens to adopt the civic agreement, the aims and purpose stated in the preamble to the constitution for the USA: read, comprehend, paraphrase, update for personal trust and commitment, promote and celebrate our civic agreement. The consequence may be private-liberty-with-civic-morality or public-integrity.
 
When our house is in civic order, we'll be in a better place.

 
Rep. Richmond apology (Page 2B). Richmond seems subjugated to private reality . . . so far.
 
But what about Richmond's thought, “I don't want you to refer back to the '90s.”

I’m familiar with the 1995-6 Monika Lewinsky incident in the oval office; it was believed to be with Bill Clinton. Does Richmond owe an apology to Bill and Monika? I also recall familiar glances between Bill and Monika in public. Do others deserve Cedric's apology for whatever familiarity he expressed?

I think Richmond should resign while he’s far enough behind.

Wiretapping (Page 1A). Each time I think President Trump is out on a limb I learn he knows something.

High school struggle (Page 1A). After grammar school at Staub, middle school at Tyson Jr. High, and high school at West, I realize those were the best days of my life. My heart is broken for today’s suffering students. It is barbaric. I am sincere and want to change it.

IRS budget cuts (Page 2A). I can’t wait for tax reform.

Sikhs (Page 2A). There may be no more peaceful people on earth. How can our country be so confused?

Trump hotel (Page 2A). According to the AP, President Trump must not go there. Maybe that’s correct, but I’m not so sure.

Cursive (Page 3A). I am grateful that I took typing in high-school summer school, and am having trouble signing my name like I used to, but cursive is like skate boarding. If you can’t do it, you are missing a lot.

Asian carp (Page 3A). I hope the prize they decide on it large, say 0.005% of a year’s tourism-industry-value or $1.9 million.

Phil Beaver does not “know”. Phil trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered and some is understood. Phil Beaver is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, an education non-profit. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment