Saturday, February 11, 2017

February 11, 2017



Phil Beaver works to establish opinion when the-indisputable-facts-of-reality have not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by learning other people’s experiences and observations. The comment box below invites sharing facts, opinion, or concern. (I read, write, and listen to establish my opinion as I pursue the-objective-truth.)
Note:  I often connect words in a phrase with the dash in order to represent an idea. For example, frank-objectivity represents the idea of candidly expressing the-objective-truth without addressing possible error or attempting to balance the expression.

The Advocate:

Our Views. I encourage The Advocate to be alert to possible reaction to lame word-jumbles like “medical care can be a victim of success.” When you notice a word arrangement could seem nonsense, don't publish it.

The caption is even lamer: “focus on insurance.” I need medical care rather than insurance.

Health begins with behavior: Bad behavior begets bad health. Health care begins with self-control.

I think The Advocate has been corrupted by liberal democracy and will continue writing nonsense until the owner appreciates civic-morality and public-integrity as a good business plan.

I do not know the-objective-truth but want iterative-collaboration for its discovery and utilization. Civic-collaboration is achievable.
 
Today’s Thought. Human biology and psychology involve appetites. 
 
Each person may be coached to control appetites and follow the coaching. Absent coaching, he or she may experience misery and loss. Also, he or she may observe other human outcomes. He or she may master the art of neither nourishing nor whetting appetites unto self-destruction. If practices like prayer or meditation helps a person master self-control, that’s good.
 
However, Dean’s promise that a phantasm (today God, yesterday Jesus, a day before, the Lord) imposes self-control can be ruinous to your person.
 
Tax credits (Leit). Federal tax credits are a scheme for taxation without representation.

I elect metro-councilmen and mayors to oversee local developments including protection of historical places. However, the federal government arranges overriding influence based on borrowed money. I’m on the hook for the mismanaging federal office, the interest and the principle. I’d like to see the practice ended.

Gill attacks (Jordan). The Advocate is in control of where to place the comics. Some readers like comedy, and that’s the way to read Gill without getting upset. He’s there for certain readers.

Abortion business (Glynn). I like, “I can certainly understand why our government would like to stay out of the [abortion business],” but prefer the statement by MWW: “I oppose abortion for fun.”

Froma Harrop column. “Bannon harbors fantasies of world domination, even taking on the pope.” I question the implication that the pope dominates the world. He’s just another clergyman people “frolic with at home.”

Richard Cohen column. In my state, I opposed David Vitter from 2006 on, because he favored the populism of Christian prayer over constitutionalism:  separation of church and state.
 
I thought infidelity to his wife and children was evidence that many Catholics do not understand fidelity to the-discovered-facts. That includes vows to self, family, the people, the nation, and the world. I gave Vitter the benefit of the doubt, since his wife knows him better than I do, but could not avoid concern for the children. 

Then, John Bel Edwards campaign-team reported evidence that Vitter was phoning a madam when he should have been voting as Senator for Louisiana. I voted against Vitter or for Edwards, knowing Edwards would not improve separation of church and state.
 
Yet I am one of the people who went on record as intending to vote for Trump all through the evidence that he did not find it necessary to exercise the propriety of conventional politics. Within politics, accepted lying-protocol must be followed. Otherwise, it’ll be the unforgivable case of liar belittling liar. How can the voters choose?

I cheered each time Trump confronted dishonesty with dishonesty. One of my favorite speeches is Trump at the Al Smith dinner, Oct 21, 2016. See nytimes.com/video/us/elections/100000004721603/trump-speaks-at-al-smith-dinner.html . I thought Trump's election would convince the liars that the people preferred Trump and provide reform for continuity of the American republic.

Believing that Trump aspires to integrity rather than conventional-political-propriety, I imagined it would take him about three years to learn how to govern in political settings. Thus, my trust in Trump’s integrity was and is tentative.

I always shun hate, so it is easy to oppose Richard Cohen’s ease at loathing. After the desperate viciousness in “As president, not a man, but a boy,” The Advocate, February 11, 2017, I will never forget Cohen’s immoral-hubris. Also, I will recall, “[Richard Cohen’s an] idea of a boy.”


Edward Pratt column. What are the “spoils after this devastating loss?” If it’s Hillary Clinton, one is constrained to ask, “What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?” 

 

It is past time to collaborate for public-integrity according to the-objective-truth.

 

Social service center (Page 1B). I hope the Department of Public Safety and Corrections selects programs for public-integrity rather than faith-based-programs. History shows that religions promote particular people rather than civic-morality.
 
According to your reference, the GEO Group is not the right choice, though.
 
IMO the state may make good choices with the money they already get rather than pressuring the people for more.

Council members (Page 2B). I would not sign the pledge of respect without revisions to the nine items.
 
As an agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana education non-profit for willing citizens, I contacted Jill Garner to collaborate. I think our efforts could be complimentary.
 
She was delighted with my interest in the preamble to the constitution for the USA but lost interest when I said I oppose the Louisiana Family Forum. I appealed to the opportunity to respect my forthrightness rather than create brick walls. She agreed to take my number and resume the conversation after a scheduled meeting. I look forward to the call.
 
I dislike two of nine items in the pledge and without further understanding don’t see how I could sign, especially one element. Perhaps Garner could, through iterative collaboration, either change my mind or alter the items I oppose. According to my understanding, I could sign six of nine elements in the pledge.
 
I encourage citizens not to sign the pledge of respect without due regard for personal fidelity.

Love (Page 4D, Yonat Shimron, RNS). If ever there was a strange phrase it is “faith-based social entrepreneurship.” It is aptly followed by “Our dignity propels us to keep going.”

“Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you, no one would believe it.” But here’s the most amazing thought of all: “Civic organizers have marveled at the willingness of these young persons to engage.”
 
First, the term “civic organizers” intrigues me, because “organizers” in 2017 American invokes Saul Alinsky and Marxism. See D. L. Adams’s review article, “Saul Alinsky and the rise of Amorality in American Politics,” online at newenglishreview.org/DL_Adams/Saul_Alinsky_and_the_Rise_of_Amorality_in_American_Politics/ .
 
Whether Marxist or not, social morality does not equate to civic morality, and civic morality is for the willing and therefore has only one locus of commonality: broadly-defined-civic-safety-and-security. Thereby, each parson may enjoy private-liberty-with-civic-morality.
 
It is fitting that on the same page, Christopher Simon writes, “God favors the bold.” I struggle to place some truth to those four words. My nomination is: Bold fidelity to the-objective-truth empowers success. (I often do not know the-objective-truth.)

3 agencies (Page 1A). Best of luck to Mayor Broome and citizens. It’s hard to imagine how the Office of Community Development could spend $2.2 million distributing grants. It reminds citizens of the $60 million entrusted to the Redevelopment Authority. It seems the idea came from only one of the mayor’s advisors.

Somali refuge (Page 3A). If this incident the result of activists in charge of immigration apply to Somali’s Trump order respecting seven Arab countries?

Voter fraud (Page 3A). That kind of fraud seems feasible, IMO. Also, there’s the case of people in malls enlisting first time voters then telling them how to vote or even busing them to the poles with instructions on the way.

Trump integrity? (Page 6A). It seemed clear during the campaign that Trump would favor Israel. However, we now see that, as President, he is being influenced to deeper consideration of the-objective-truth. It seems clear to me that in an issue that originated with international action, settlement of disputed land should involve international agreement. Without collaboration rather than taking there can be no peace. If that is Trump’s thinking, I grow more confident in my support for him and hope for the vote I cast.

Singed by Trump (Page 9A). Anyone who enjoyed benefits from dealing with Barack Obama may be singed in encounters with President Trump. It won’t be easy, but slowly, nations that have honesty will recognize that with Trump only integrity will suffice. The Associated Press, Scott Pelley, and many other celebrity media relish expressing disagreement with Trump, but to no avail.
 
In negotiating with individual national leaders, Trump appeals to their integrity toward each other as well as with the USA. From the experience, the civic nations of the world may learn to appreciate each other.

Teacher protests (Page 9A). IMO, “protests” is a politically correct term for anarchy. It is barbaric that union-teachers permit representation as people who physically block Secretary DeVos from entering a school.

Teacher protests (Page 10A). IMO, “angry voters” is a politically correct term for anarchists. It is barbaric that people won’t let their elected representative speak. 
 
People may read about Saul Alinsky and realize that organizations abuse recruits. See, for example, newenglishreview.org/DL_Adams/Saul_Alinsky_and_the_Rise_of_Amorality_in_American_Politics/ .

Phil Beaver does not “know”. Phil trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered and some is understood. Phil Beaver is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, an education non-profit. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment