Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June 13, 2017

Phil Beaver works to establish opinion when the-objective-truth has not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by listening when people share experiences and observations. The comment box below invites readers to express facts, opinion, or concern, perhaps to share with people who may follow the blog.

Note 1:  I often dash words in phrases in order to express and preserve an idea. For example, frank-objectivity represents the idea of candidly expressing the-objective-truth despite possible error. In other words, a person expresses his “belief,” knowing he or she could be in error. People may collaboratively approach the-objective-truth.
 Note 2: It is important to note "civic" refers to citizens who collaborate for the people more than for the city.

 The Advocate:  See online at theadvocate.com/baton_rouge.
  
Our Views (oil reserves). Some ideas are better left unpublished.

The Advocate is not responsible for managing the nation’s oil reserves and has no idea what the future holds. “Our views” tacitly states two assumptions. I dislike them so much I do not want to publish them.

That’s right: Commenting in this forum is publication.
 
Today’s thought (Hosea 10:12). We may interpret Hosea’s metaphors as: conform to the-objective-truth; be patient with other citizens; be productive; and maintain fidelity. We’ll have lived justly.

Dean suggests God handles all good practice for us. I doubt Dean.

Letters.

Tax reform (Olivier and Erwin). Lower rates at broader coverage seems like a viable solution, and enough work has been done to make it happen during this special session.

The problem is factions in the legislature conflicting for dominant opinion for their legislative-faction’s sake. I do not think their conflicts represent the people. I think the people want comprehensive safety and security.

But if I am correct, the people must say so: My voice is woefully inadequate. I’m working to persuade a super majority of people to demand voluntary public integrity, fully expecting minority dissent.


Sadow (Winham). Writers seek to convince readers that they are columnists and columnists that they are journalists. However, what I prefer is thinkers.

It seems to me Sadow is a thinker. Each time I read his thoughts I am enlightened a little and feel rewarded for the time I spent. Last week, I was disappointed that he did not present the idea that DOTD, with its $600 million budget only get $85 million in accomplishments. I wanted to understand better.

But I think the point he made is that DOTD does not provide the people of Louisiana better reporting. At least that is what I found when I tried to find the data.

I appreciate Sadow’s research and writing, even though I often have to read a paragraph twice. Thus, I appreciate substance more than presentation.

Speaking of substance, both George Will and Charles Krauthammer are favorite columnists, but it seems to me liberal democracy and Donald Trump, respectively, warped their inspirations.
  
Columns.

How our government is supposed to work (Rich Lowry). Our government is supposed to conform to the preamble to the constitution for the USA. I think Trump is reforming the USA in that direction, and Lowry is clueless. I challenge Lowry to explain “how our government is supposed to work.”
Comey’s failures and birthdate (1960) inspired me to think I was seeing on TV a demonstration of psychology born of the nanny-state: confused. That is, an FBI director who honestly feels someone else should be in charge of his integrity and does not mind witnessing to that sentiment before a live Congressional hearing.
Since then, when a writer seems confused, I look up his or her birth year, for whatever that is worth. Lowry’s is 1968. Mine is 1943: I know people regard me as an old white man. I have been told to take my meds, to drop dead and please do so within 30 minutes, and other such ideas. However, I appreciate fidelity and work hard to deliver.



The N-word (Clarence Page). It’s difficult for me to perceive an honest column on this issue, much less any semblance of integrity.
  
Global warming (Robert Samuelson). The only useful thing to do about global warming is worry about it.

Is it true that mankind’s contribution to it is like a mouse on an elephant’s back? Is it true that 50 million years of earth-temperature data shows 1) we are in a relative deep freeze and 2) the temperature has never stopped cycling? Or are the alarmists correct that this time it will keep going up?

We cannot possibly control the earth’s atmosphere. We could reduce population growth but won’t. Let’s keep worrying about global warming but in the meantime, move to higher ground if we sometimes flood and stop abusing children---a barbarity for which we are directly responsible.
 
Announcement: 
theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/entertainment_life/calendar/#/details/4th-Annual-Ratification-Day-Celebration/3562296/2017-06-21T19


Phil Beaver does not “know” the-indisputable-facts. He trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered and some is understood. He is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit corporation. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment