Saturday, June 3, 2017

June 3, 2017

Phil Beaver works to establish opinion when the-objective-truth has not been discovered. He seeks to refine his opinion by listening when people share experiences and observations. The comment box below invites readers to express facts, opinion, or concern, perhaps to share with people who may follow the blog.

Note 1:  I often dash words in a phrases in order to express and preserve an idea. For example, frank-objectivity represents the idea of candidly expressing the-objective-truth despite possible error. In other words, a person expresses his “belief,” knowing he or she could be in error. People may collaboratively approach the-objective-truth.
 Note 2: It is important to note "civic" as in citizens for the people more than for the city.

The Advocate:  See online at theadvocate.com/baton_rouge.
  
Our Views (abysmal politics). To Maura Brady Sharp: As a citizen collaborating with other citizens, it seems to me elected officials do not show evidence that they remain citizens. They feel no need to earn appreciation.

I testified in committee hearings and sometimes felt my testimony was effective, because fellow citizens appreciated my witness. However, not once did I sense that the committee appreciated my opinion or me. On some occasions, I felt rebuked before I witnessed. For example, “Phil, do you feel you must speak?” when my green card came up. Thank goodness I responded, “I’d like to.” Another time the chair mumbled the title of the education corporation I represent: A Civic People of the United States, as though she did not want the participants to know. Another time, during testimony, two senators on the panel conversed and laughed when I said that Abraham Lincoln was a revisionist regarding US history and stated why. 

Next time I witness, it will be with civic sovereignty, “civic” meaning citizen of humanity more than of the state.

There’s an atmosphere at the capital that the citizen needs legislative propriety while the elected officials behave carelessly---expect fellow officials to be curt, rude, and blunt. Officials are busy; address them with respect! Before respect there must be appreciation.

I have yet to experience at the capital anything to appreciate beyond citizens. When an elected official forgets he or she is a citizen, there is no chance for respect.

I have asked my representatives to vote against SB 1.

Today’s thought (Proverbs 29:1). If drinking gives you a headache, drink less. If smoking seems to interfere with your job performance, stop smoking. If promiscuity dehumanizes you, choose fidelity.
If humans don’t respond to reality, chances to respond may suddenly end.

Appreciate life. Appreciation’s greatest power is that the person responds to reality more than mystery.

Letters

Legislators not increasing taxes (Edmonds). I think Edmonds regrets his sentence, “When it comes to raising your taxes, we plan on doing nothing.” He did not expect The Advocate to misquote it.
  
In its diabolical misuse of freedom of the press, it seems The Advocate wrote the caption to change the meaning of Edmonds’ letter.

I no longer write letters to The Advocate. The Advocate cannot be trusted with a person’s thoughts.

The constitution for the Great State of Louisiana has a strong provision for freedom of expression. It contains the provision that the speaker may be held responsible for consequences. For example, you might be held responsible for falsely yelling “Fire” in a crowded assembly hall. 
  
I recommend that the Legislature create a bill that states that if a citizen brings the case and proves that the press has misrepresented a citizen’s message the press-owners may be fined $10,000 and court costs.

I wrote Mr. Edmonds in hopes of seeing such a bill soon.

Columns.

Hoping for impeachment (Robert Samuelson). You want to kill my two votes before they’ve had the required three years to start proving the good.

You are an enemy of my vote. Also, I cannot imagine your response to Hillary’s recent behavior. Please write about it. Let us know how much you would prefer her as President.
  
Obama continues to do "what he thinks is right" for the American people (David Ignatius). It seems clear to me Barack Obama intended to destroy the viability of the USA. I don’t know anything: that’s merely my opinion.

Obama believers are still in office, and they are doing everything they can to keep doing what Obama thinks is right for the American people.

Ignatius seems to celebrate and glorify appearances about Russia. Also, The Advocate is choosing to publish Ignatius at a high weekly rate. Once this week there were two in one day.

Other forums.

Announcement:  theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/entertainment_life/calendar/#/details/4th-Annual-Ratification-Day-Celebration/3562296/2017-06-21T19


Phil Beaver does not “know” the-indisputable-facts. He trusts and is committed to the-objective-truth of which most is undiscovered and some is understood. He is agent for A Civic People of the United States, a Louisiana, education non-profit corporation. See online at promotethepreamble.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment